• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • captainstashu

Jan 26, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    I have been putting back together a super B bag of parts. it is all there less the rear sight. The firing pin was broken and I got a new pin and spring. Does anyone know where I could find a rear sight? or is there an aftermarket sight that fits the dovetail?

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I happen to have a rear sight for a Star B that may work on your Super. It will need to be fitted, but you are welcome to give it a try.

captainstashu

Jan 26, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    Thanks Nick. Sorry I did not get back to you. It was too loose. I went downstairs looking for something to shim it with and found the original sight. I got it together alright.

I am no way near as organized as you are. I have no idea how the sight got downstairs. Its more of a project than I thought. One of the grips has a piece of the past broke off so I need a set of grips. I found a few sets of 1911 grips, close but holes don't line up.. Oh well.

Hope things are going well with you.

Stan

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Thanks Nick. Sorry I did not get back to you. It was too loose. I went downstairs looking for something to shim it with and found the original sight. I got it together alright.

I am no way near as organized as you are. I have no idea how the sight got downstairs. Its more of a project than I thought. One of the grips has a piece of the past broke off so I need a set of grips. I found a few sets of 1911 grips, close but holes don't line up.. Oh well.

Hope things are going well with you.

Stan

Might try asking in the Spanish Pistol section on Gunboards. Found help there a couple of times on my Star B.

Good luck, sir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom