• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    These look a little to foo foo for me. I will take a standard range. I probably wouldn't like most of the people that I would encounter at the luxury range.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    These look a little to foo foo for me. I will take a standard range. I probably wouldn't like most of the people that I would encounter at the luxury range.

This I can agree with but who knows they might be nice rich folks. At least they are gun owners.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    The "Gun Culture 2.0" will increase the number of firearm enthusiasts past the nonhunting folks to Suburbia.

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    Yeah, because the country club feel is really what we need. :sad20:

Being that we have to de-demonize firearms, this is a great approach. Make it a "gentlemans" sport/activity and see what happens. Not saying it would work in Maryland, but as an example, consider the motorcyclist before it became cool...

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Yeah, because the country club feel is really what we need. :sad20:

I have never been to a Country Club. If the stereotypes from movies are true I might hate it. If they are just stereotypes and it is not quite as snobbish as one would believe then I might enjoy the luxury experience. I agree with the other poster though, the more shooters we have the better from every demographic.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Initiation fees of $7500 to over $9500 in addition to annual dues of between $200-$800.
    They can keep them. I can envision too many elitists who are clueless wandering around telling uber stories about their uber dollar custom made jam-o-matic and how great it shoots at the 25 inch range.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Initiation fees of $7500 to over $9500 in addition to annual dues of between $200-$800.
    They can keep them. I can envision too many elitists who are clueless wandering around telling uber stories about their uber dollar custom made jam-o-matic and how great it shoots at the 25 inch range.

It may also present an opportunity to meet and bend the ear of some influential and often hypocritical types. Think of the powerful people on the State and Federal level who preach one thing in public and then go shoot on weekends. This is the kind of place where they might go shooting. I for one can imagine how interesting a conversation with Chief Justice Roberts on the 2nd Amendment would be. How about the chance to photograph Gansler or that Loser Frosh with a gun in their hand. The possibilities are endless.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland

I agree. I've shoot out doors every week for many years. Yes some days are too cold or wet but I've saved over ten grand. And nothing is grander than the great outdoors.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    Being that we have to de-demonize firearms, this is a great approach. Make it a "gentlemans" sport/activity and see what happens. Not saying it would work in Maryland, but as an example, consider the motorcyclist before it became cool...

Pretty sure certain kinds of shooting were seen as a gentleman's activity (skeet/trap shooting, along with casual sporting clays shooting)

Honestly, I'd rather see more places like this over "luxury shooting ranges"

http://www.nrawc.org/

Obviously, you wouldn't be able to build such a large facility everywhere, but I feel the concept is better. (also more of a focus on outdoor ranges) It would be nice to see something like that in every state (or at least regional areas for smaller/denser states)

It may also present an opportunity to meet and bend the ear of some influential and often hypocritical types. Think of the powerful people on the State and Federal level who preach one thing in public and then go shoot on weekends. This is the kind of place where they might go shooting. I for one can imagine how interesting a conversation with Chief Justice Roberts on the 2nd Amendment would be. How about the chance to photograph Gansler or that Loser Frosh with a gun in their hand. The possibilities are endless.

Have you heard of Fairfax Rod and Gun Club?

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Pretty sure certain kinds of shooting were seen as a gentleman's activity (skeet/trap shooting, along with casual sporting clays shooting)

Honestly, I'd rather see more places like this over "luxury shooting ranges"

http://www.nrawc.org/

Obviously, you wouldn't be able to build such a large facility everywhere, but I feel the concept is better. (also more of a focus on outdoor ranges) It would be nice to see something like that in every state (or at least regional areas for smaller/denser states)

Have you heard of Fairfax Rod and Gun Club?

I have not. Is that where the political "in crowd" shoots? I have never gone to a range in VA.

aquashooter

Apr 17, 2013
    Monkey Co
    I belong to Damascus IWLA, However, when there is snow or ice on the ranges, I travel to MSAR. The new one in Fredneck sounds like it might be plush with multiple levels of membership.

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    Pretty sure certain kinds of shooting were seen as a gentleman's activity (skeet/trap shooting, along with casual sporting clays shooting)...

I don't disagree, but we are talking apples and oranges. As far as the left is concerned, there is a huge divide between O/Us and evil-black-firearms. Hence the reason we have pics of POTUS shooting an O/U and not an AR.

In any case, either a luxury range or a place the you described would work equally as well. Just need more of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom