• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    I signed up for the match. Do I need a holster for my very old C&R pistol, or is the start from a table or ready position?

We are currently planning on having pistol dump boxes that you can stage your pistol at for those who either don't have a holster or their holster isn't really up to par for the movement (either due to age or design).

So you'll progress through the stage and grab your pistol from the box at the appropriate time if its not holstered.

If anything changes with regards to that, we will be notifying those that are registered with the changes.

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    May 20th Practice Shoot

For anyone interested, we will be having a practice shoot at AGC on the action fields Thursday May 20th from 5:30 to 8pm. C&R rifles and pistols will be welcome. We will have a dedicated rifle and pistol bay setup to give everyone a chance to see what it’s like shooting on the clock, understand the range commands, and practice moving and shooting with barricades.

If you have not shot other matches this is a great opportunity to get some experience, and try out your gear.

Homesick Texan

Dec 15, 2012
    Middle TN
    May 20th Practice Shoot

For anyone interested, we will be having a practice shoot at AGC on the action fields Thursday May 20th from 5:30 to 8pm. C&R rifles and pistols will be welcome. We will have a dedicated rifle and pistol bay setup to give everyone a chance to see what it’s like shooting on the clock, understand the range commands, and practice moving and shooting with barricades.

If you have not shot other matches this is a great opportunity to get some experience, and try out your gear.

Is there a sign-up for this or just a "show up" kind of thing?

Thanks!

Homesick Texan

Dec 15, 2012
    Middle TN
    Thanks to all y'all yesterday. It was a very welcoming gathering for a first timer and I plan on returning to the practices. Maybe next time my work crap wont get in the way and I'll be able to bring some gear.

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    Glad you made it out, it was fun meeting everyone and seeing all the cool stuff that showed up.

There is one more practice scheduled for Thursday June 3rd before the match, that will also be open to C&R guys who couldn't make it to this one or want some more practice, we'll have some different targets and barriers set up for next time.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Damascus
    I'm planning to come to the June 3rd practice. I have never been to the AGC range. Is there a specific location where we will meet?

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Damascus
    The southern most entrance off Marriottsville Rd is AGC Lane. Go up the hill to the action bays and trap ranges.
    Google satellite view of "Associated Gun Clubs" will make my above statement very clear.

Perfectly clear with the satellite view. Thanks

i-ds7b8wK-L.png

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Are we still having the practice shoot despite any possible rain tomorrow?

Its looking as if it will be a game time decision. Rain is one thing, but thunder/lightening are another. I expect to have a better idea after lunchtime and will post it here as well as send an email. If you are not already subscribed to our newsletter, you can do so by visiting our webpage at

https://action.agcrange.org/

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The spring rain is a nightmare. It's been raining out our SASP matches and practices with way too much frequency. I actually did make plans to come out this evening, so hope it works out.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    It aint looking good for tonight. Thunderstorm and flood watches for Marriotsville right about 4:30.

That said, tonight's practice is cancelled. See you on Saturday for the Falling Steel Match and Sunday for the C&R match.

Take care

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    It aint looking good for tonight. Thunderstorm and flood watches for Marriotsville right about 4:30.

That said, tonight's practice is cancelled. See you on Saturday for the Falling Steel Match and Sunday for the C&R match.

Take care

We'll be setting up the bays Saturday at 12pm, we shouldn't need a lot of people but come out and help if you can (and get a preview of the stages). We'll likely set up the 200 yard stage early Sunday morning. Otherwise see everyone at the match on Sunday. Safety Brief starts at 830am and first shots at 9am

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County

Take care

I was looking forward to the practice, but based on the storms we had around here...canceling was the right call :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom