• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Okay...

Man up... WHO is going to support this show and our remaining 2A vendors in this state?

And don't use the tired worn out lazy excuse that you don't need t-shirts, flashlights, jerky, and popcorn. :sad20:
    Not showing up because the vendors are not as plentiful as they once were... insures that less and less vendors will see the show as being worth the trip. A self defeating act for us all.

MSI could certainly use your support and those LGS folks who do set up would dearly LOVE to get your attendance and business at the show.

Either we are going to support what we have left in this state for the future generations and our "new to the 2A" crowds (who by the way NEED good direction from those who know how to dispel their misconceptions and curiosity) or... we just let it all go to shit and turn into just another jerky market because WE let the LGS vendors down by not showing up for them.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I'm going...been too long not going to gun shows and looking for some parts.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I’ll stop in as well but agree, nothing there worth waiting in a line, I have plenty already, anything there would just be more.

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    Unless something changes with my work schedule, I'm planning to be there, and will work the MSI table.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Timonium has been a waste of time for me the past several years. No amount of peer pressure or bullying will make me go.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I will try like hell to go.
    BUT if the line is crazy, I may not

Three minutes from my house but an hour to get in, is just too long. I'll be camping with the Scouts so I hope it eases by noon or so on Sunday. I am in serious withdrawl.

I ususlly go to at least one gun sjow a month but have not been to any since February.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    What is the hall capacity limit? Are they limiting anything with the # inside the door beyond the fire marshal capacity?

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    What about this show makes it such a waste of time?

One reason is that Maryland gun shows have a reputation of having a lot of non-gun miscellaneous stuff being sold. While this happens at all shows, it is more prevalent than shows in PA or VA, for example.

Just as a wild estimate, say your typical show at York or Gettysburg has 70% of the tables filled with firearms and firearm related stuff, and the other 30% are T shirts, fudge, beef jerky, homemade jewelry, stun guns, military surplus clothing, etc.

A Maryland show is closer to say, 60%/40%, or even 55%/45%.

So less selection of what you actually go to see, and you can't buy normal capacity mags.

On the other hand, if you're looking for a handgun many of the out of state dealers don't want to bother transferring through a MD FFL, so the numbers actually available for you to buy are more equal than it would appear.

But whatever. I think its worth $7 anyway to walk around and look at interesting stuff and support local dealers.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Waiting in a long line for overpriced ammo and gun parts is not my idea of a relaxing afternoon

Maybe, but if you wanted to check out 10 or 12 vendor's stock in person rather than look at pics online, how much time would you spend driving around Maryland to do that?

It all depends upon what you're planning to do and what you're shopping for.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    One reason is that Maryland gun shows have a reputation of having a lot of non-gun miscellaneous stuff being sold. While this happens at all shows, it is more prevalent than shows in PA or VA, for example.

Just as a wild estimate, say your typical show at York or Gettysburg has 70% of the tables filled with firearms and firearm related stuff, and the other 30% are T shirts, fudge, beef jerky, homemade jewelry, stun guns, military surplus clothing, etc.

A Maryland show is closer to say, 60%/40%, or even 55%/45%.

So less selection of what you actually go to see, and you can't buy normal capacity mags.

On the other hand, if you're looking for a handgun many of the out of state dealers don't want to bother transferring through a MD FFL, so the numbers actually available for you to buy are more equal than it would appear.

But whatever. I think its worth $7 anyway to walk around and look at interesting stuff and support local dealers.

:party29:

There might even be some friendly folks to talk to...for folks who are into that sort of thing :innocent0

Personaly, I think my family has been doing it wrong. :o We've fallen into the habit, despite all the hate lumped onto Timonium, of at least one of us walking out with a rifle almost every time...especially when South Carroll is there:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom