• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    At the last MSI meeting I was informed that the public hearing and reading of the SAFE ACT is taking place on Monday December 16th, 5:00 PM at 100 Holiday Street, Suite 400 (4th floor) Baltimore City Hall. Parking is right across the street in the parking deck. Please correct me if I am wrong with any of this information. I took some of this info from here...

https://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/N...y-announces-safe-act-to-keep-guns-off-streets

This explanation of the proposed bill is the closest thing that I can find to any actual bill. If anyone knows of a link to the actual bill, please post. I understand that this is an attack on dealers but it does trickle down to gun owners when gun shops can't afford to comply with these strict new laws and close their doors.

I was told that the more heads we have there, the better. I'm there..... are you? Does anyone want to meet up before hand? I am making the trek from WASHCO so I will be leaving early to make sure that I get through the traffic to reach my destination on time.

Last edited:
    At the last MSI meeting I was informed that the public hearing and reading of the SAFE ACT is taking place on Monday December 16th, 5:00 PM at 100 Holiday Street, Suite 400 (4th floor) Baltimore City Hall. Parking is right across the street in the parking deck. Please correct me if I am wrong with any of this information. I took some of this info from here...

https://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/N...y-announces-safe-act-to-keep-guns-off-streets

This explanation of the proposed bill is the closest thing that I can find to any actual bill. If anyone knows of a link to the actual bill, please post. I understand that this is an attack on dealers but it does trickle down to gun owners when gun shops can't afford to comply with these strict new laws and close their doors.

I was told that the more heads we have there, the better. I'm there..... are you? Does anyone want to meet up before hand? I am making the trek from WASHCO so I will be leaving early to make sure that I get through the traffic to reach my destination on time.

Please double check the address. It doesn't make sense that a Baltimore County hearing would be held in Baltimore City, as they're different counties.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013

The link indicates this is a county issue, but you list a city address. Is this a county or city issue?

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    This is a Baltimore COUNTY bill. Not city. The county council meetings are not held in the city. I believe the are held in Towson.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    I would have thought that insurance carriers would have already required these security measures.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    This is a Baltimore COUNTY bill. Not city. The county council meetings are not held in the city. I believe the are held in Towson.

I was just corrected by PM.... this is Baltimore County address where this will be held....

Baltimore County Government
    Historic Courthouse
    400 Washington Avenue
    Towson, Maryland 21204

BMore

Feb 23, 2008
    High Rent District
    I received an email from MSI which provided the following time and location information:

Date,Time, Location:
    Monday, December 16th at 6PM
    400 Washington Ave, Towson MD
    2nd Floor

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    I received an email from MSI which provided the following time and location information:

Date,Time, Location:
    Monday, December 16th at 6PM
    400 Washington Ave, Towson MD
    2nd Floor

I just received that as well. Thanks for the corrections and sorry for any confusion in my initial post.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Instead of attacking gun retailers, how about a mandatory 25 year sentence for burglarizing a gun retailer?

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Instead of attacking gun retailers, how about a mandatory 25 year sentence for burglarizing a gun retailer?

No doubt. As many of us say.... if the current laws were enforced then how much of this would actually happen? I hate to see the state lose more gun retailers. It appears to be a goal of Baltimore County.

Not to mention the gun show portion of this mess. From what I read on here, MD gun shows are not nearly what they used to be. My first show was Chantilly about 8 years ago. When I compare apples to oranges (Chantilly to MD gun shows) there is no comparison. I still attend the MD shows close by. I at least buy some parts and I enjoy them for what they are.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Why are we making victims of crimes pay for the misdeeds of criminals? Asking for a friend....

So that the criminals don't have to rob you to get the money to pay for their misdeeds.

See? It's for your safety!

I plan on attending.
    I spoke with an IP today, who was told they wanted him to install bollards around his shop. He was taken aback, and had to bite his tongue. Both BATFE and MSP inspectors commented on his store being 6 feet above ground and his walk in safe has 3' walls with a bank vault for a door (former high end jeweler). They (ATF and MSP) found it to be the most secure gun storage facility they had ever seen, but Baltimore County wanted more.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    So that the criminals don't have to rob you to get the money to pay for their misdeeds.

See? It's for your safety!

Good one!

I plan on attending.
    I spoke with an IP today, who was told they wanted him to install bollards around his shop. He was taken aback, and had to bite his tongue. Both BATFE and MSP inspectors commented on his store being 6 feet above ground and his walk in safe has 3' walls with a bank vault for a door (former high end jeweler). They (ATF and MSP) found it to be the most secure gun storage facility they had ever seen, but Baltimore County wanted more.

Unbelievable. Well, it's Maryland so therefore.... it IS believable. I look forward to seeing you there.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    I plan on attending.

That exposes their true motive. It's not safety. It's pricing firearms dealers out of the county. No surprise there.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Im here outside of the council hearing chambers. I took off early due to the traffic and weather. Clark W. Grizwald... "first ones here".

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    So i just got word from the staff sign in that the only thing happening tonight is the reading of the bill name and number. Workshop for the SAFE ACT is going to be on January 14 at 2pm. The vote will be held on january 21 at 6pm. Looking for my compadres.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom