• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    As far as I know, PA has NO handgun restrictions. The only restrictions are HOW you can carry one in public. I know it's a matter of semantics, but it can be confusing.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I also recall some with MD CCW with restrictions not able to get PA CCW. But I could be wrong. Any fact to this?

I think someone else mentioned that some counties in PA were being difficult regarding this but they just went to another county and had no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Since reciprocity was cancelled, not restricted, I no longer have a dog in this fight. Sorry all.

Full disclosure I was taking groups of dems horseback riding and four wheeling on the trails up there and concealment was necessary. Oh well.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    One could argue 4 sides, almost surrounding PA.

Only the little sliver of West By God Virginia pan handle is freedom loving, Ohio can be onerous in its own right.

Ohio is much more free than New York, New Jersey, or Maryland.

Substantial restrictions on handguns , or those who don't have a LTC .

They can Open Carry, but only as far as they can walk .Their list of approved destination to transort by vehicle is even shorter than Md's .

My understanding is that the transport restrictions don't apply to the holder of any valid carry permit. Thus, while I may no longer carry concealed with my Utah permit, I may carry my sidearm in my vehicle on that Utah permit. Upon exiting the vehicle, I would have to open carry.

That's my understanding, and I haven't put it to the test. I am not a Philadelphia Lawyer. I warn anyone reading this to go to official Pennsylvania sources before carrying there.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/pennsylvania.pdf

https://www.psp.pa.gov/firearms-information/Pages/Carrying-Firearms-in-Pennsylvania.aspx

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Ohio is much more free than New York, New Jersey, or Maryland.

My understanding is that the transport restrictions don't apply to the holder of any valid carry permit. Thus, while I may no longer carry concealed with my Utah permit, I may carry my sidearm in my vehicle on that Utah permit. Upon exiting the vehicle, I would have to open carry.

That's my understanding, and I haven't put it to the test. I am not a Philadelphia Lawyer. I warn anyone reading this to go to official Pennsylvania sources before carrying there.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/pennsylvania.pdf

https://www.psp.pa.gov/firearms-information/Pages/Carrying-Firearms-in-Pennsylvania.aspx

You are correct with one exception. If you want to OC in Philadelphia you have to have a PA LTCF or one that they recognize. OC everywhere else is GTG with no permit required.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Yup. Good point. Philadelphia is a "City of the First Class," and is permitted to pass more restrictive carry laws. They are notoriously hostile to those who legally carry.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yes , But .......

People who aren't already knowledgeable gun enthusiasts in advance can get jammed up .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom