MD friendly FFL in PA for long gun transfer?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cibergrey

Aug 14, 2019
    Does anyone have any recommendations for FFLs across state lines near Baltimore? I want to purchase a long gun online and be able to actually keep the magazines. I know that as long as it is a long gun and not a pistol I should be g2g, right?

JohnC

May 29, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think all firearms must be shipped to an FFL in the state in which you reside. Purchasing magazines outside of the state for yourself and using them yourself is legal

2nd=Good+Substantial

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    The Hereford Zone
    Gary Ruby at High Rock Outfitters would be a good option. He's no longer listed as an Industry Partner. I don't know if that indicates he's gotten out of the business. PM me if you'd like his cell.

Yes, you're good to go on the standard capacity mags if you go this route.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Damascus
    Gary Ruby at High Rock Outfitters would be a good option. He's no longer listed as an Industry Partner. I don't know if that indicates he's gotten out of the business. PM me if you'd like his cell.

Yes, you're good to go on the standard capacity mags if you go this route.

I have used Gary in the past for this purpose as well. I miss those Savage sales he used to run.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    I agree with you. You can buy a long gun out of state.

However my understanding is that the PA dealer must follow MD law when doing the transfer. So the PA dealer may not give you the Hi cap mags.

Don't know about the magazine transfer. He could sell them to you for .01 without the rifle.

Q

JohnC

May 29, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    I agree with you. You can buy a long gun out of state.

However my understanding is that the PA dealer must follow MD law when doing the transfer. So the PA dealer may not give you the Hi cap mags.

Buying a long gun in person is different, but I wonder if online retailers would ship to an out of state FFL. Maybe no illegal, but maybe company policy

Hog Sniper

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2008
    I'm still here folks. Thanks for the kind words. My IP section got dropped/deleted etc. When I missed the renewal while my father was in the hospital. Figured the deletion was a sign to move on. HA.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    Dealer Info - Gun Bunker - Shrewsbury PA
    Dealer Name: Gun Bunker - Shrewsbury PA
    Storefront: yes
    Phone Number: 717-227-GUNS (4867)
    Email: go thru facebook
    Hours of Operation: 11a-7p mon-fri, sat 10a-4p closed Sunday
    Forum Username: termoil
    FFL: Yes
    Gunsmith: No
    Additional Info: over 900 Guns in stock from 1700's to modern. specializing in military.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I'm still here folks. Thanks for the kind words. My IP section got dropped/deleted etc. When I missed the renewal while my father was in the hospital. Figured the deletion was a sign to move on. HA.

Hey Gary good to hear from you again. Is your FFL still up to date (may be a dumb question I don't know if they even expire....) and are you still doing transfers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom