• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Looks like effective Sunday March 21st 12:01am All non-life sustaining business in PA will be forced to shut down.

https://www.northcentralpa.com/life...cle_926d4ddc-6a25-11ea-a446-8b7e70bc1113.html

I’m surprised to see this, as it seems like it’s just one small step away from marshal law. I suspect Maryland will follow suit shortly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    As I posted in the other thread, STAY AT HOME. People are ignoring the guidelines, letting their kids play with 250 other kids, etc. etc etc. Some morons who fail to take the guidelines seriously are forcing ever more stringent rules.

This is not spring break.You may be invulnerable but you may bring something home or spread it to someone who is.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I think we all know in the back of our minds that will be the outcome here in Maryland

I’ve been expecting it to happen too but I really was hoping it wouldn’t happen. What’s odd is that I have 3 hospital jobs going on one in VA and two in MD. If those construction sites are allowed to stay open am I supposed to stay open?

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    As I posted in the other thread, STAY AT HOME. People are ignoring the guidelines, letting their kids play with 250 other kids, etc. etc etc. Some morons who fail to take the guidelines seriously are forcing ever more stringent rules.

This is not spring break.You may be invulnerable but you may bring something home or spread it to someone who is.

I agree that some are treating this like nothing is wrong but many many people and business are taking it very seriously.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I’ve been expecting it to happen too but I really was hoping it wouldn’t happen. What’s odd is that I have 3 hospital jobs going on one in VA and two in MD. If those construction sites are allowed to stay open am I supposed to stay open?

I just had a bad phone call today , a high paying scale job I have in VA. is being shut down for 1 month . I won't lose the revenue , but need the revenue now more then later .

My customer for that job will bring to my shop more shop work to help us out to do to keep us rolling .
    Now if the state closes us that will make little difference .

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Do these idiots want people to start killing one another? Cuz thats where they are pushing everyone.

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    What our resident genius at my work location sent out:

The Governor of Pennsylvania just released a new order tonight at 5pm instructing all life sustaining businesses to close. Again, there is much to be interpreted and even the PAA has not yet released guidance, but is expected to shortly. PAA has indicated that they hope Service and Parts will be able to remain open. They do not have any information on Sales yet. The order will allow us until Saturday to make clarification and get a determination. Until further notice, we will remain open for business in all departments. Please look for further guidance as it becomes more clear.

cms1528

Feb 26, 2013
    So this means you can't walk into your favorite FFL and buy a firearm, ammo or supplies. Sounds like a 2nd amendment issue right off the bat.

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    They posted a list of what is and what is not considered life sustaining on the books of faves

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I’m in the building materials industry. Our largest plant is in PA. We have an emergency conference call tomorrow morning about this. We are not a large company, so this will have a major impact on our business. I am hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.:fingerscrossed:

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    making a living and paying for bills and food is a life sustaining business.
    Maybe he does not understand "sustaining".

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I'll be going out briefly this weekend to get all the building materials I need to finish up my garage rehab. If I'm gonna be home I might as well do some work

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    My business is me. If I don’t work I don’t get paid. MD will surely do this next week and I will be fvcked.
    My wife has the good job and willl continue to get paid but when this happens in MD, this will get tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I'd be shocked if we don't follow suit.

What is "life sustaining"? If a car wont start and a Dr. can't get to the hospital...well that certainly doesn't help sustain life. So mechanics and car parts open?

Liquor stores? Likely not. Gas stations? Hopefully. Fast food? Hopefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom