• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greg9781

Sep 25, 2020
    Has anyone sold on Gunbroker? What are the laws regarding selling/shipping a registered weapon?

Do I just need to have an FFL ship it out to a buyer's FFL or is it more complicated than that?

Based on what I've read, it seems like it is that simple, but I had a shop tell me that they thought that you had to be an FFL to even sell on Gunbroker (which seems false). They could have also just wanted to make money off me by selling on consignment or low-balling a trade.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    It is up to the receiving FFL if they will accept the shipment of a firearm from a private individual. There is no law against it.

With a handgun, the cost may be a wash between shipping it yourself and having an FFL ship it. You have to ship UPS or FedEx OVERNIGHT. An FFL can ship using USPS. So, a lot less for shipping, but they will charge you a fee.

Greg9781

Sep 25, 2020
    So all considering, even if the FFL fee + lower shipping was a tad more expensive, it is probably the convenient approach?

The easiest thing in Maryland is to advertise in the classifieds and then transfer the regulated firearm at the MSP barracks.

This is true unless you're trying to sell a unicorn that is highly sought after and in very short supply.
    Example: A run of the mill Glock 19 + shipping + Gunbroker fees + headaches involved won't likely get you much more than MDS classifieds.
    Conversely, A NIB Colt Python, bright stainless with a 2.5" barrel would be better sold on Gunbroker.

MaicoBill

MDS Supporter
    Aug 17, 2020
    Very good and interesting question.
    I just listed a gun on GB yesterday.
    I did it with no reserve .I been following this exact gun I am selling and feeling pretty confident, I will be ok.
    My plan it to take to local FFL to ship out.
    By the way, does any one else find they spend too much time lurking on there and comparing prices ?

Oswaldo87

Feb 1, 2020
    Frederick County
    I’m just frustrated with maybe bot accounts raising the bud by weird uneven amounts. My bid $130, their bid $142.09. Three separate auctions this week. If I cared a little more I’d dig deeper and see if it’s the same account bidding on the the same sellers account.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    There is plenty of demand around here.
    I consigned with J2,, lets just say I am extremely happy with the results.

Greg9781

Sep 25, 2020
    Sellers market for sure. Im trying to sell a brand new CZ Scorpion so I think Ill do okay but if I can get a local sale, obviouslly that saves on fees.

I lurk GB too much haha... it is not good.. or is it? Depends on if you ask me or my bank account.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Sellers market for sure. Im trying to sell a brand new CZ Scorpion so I think Ill do okay but if I can get a local sale, obviouslly that saves on fees.

I lurk GB too much haha... it is not good.. or is it? Depends on if you ask me or my bank account.

Yeah, I’m sure you’ll be able to get good money for it. Try offering a box of ammo with it and someone may bite even faster lol.

What are the scorpion pistols selling for on gb?

I’m curious

Greg9781

Sep 25, 2020
    I've seen anywhere from $900-$1500 depending on accessories/upgrades. Box of ammo should take it to $2k lol.

Eastwind

Nice!
    May 3, 2020

I browse Armslist and Gunbroker an for an unhealthy amount of time. I use both regularly (sell on Armslist, buy on Gunbroker.) My girlfriend accepts it- better than smoking or drinking.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I buy stuff off GB. I can't recall SELLING on GB, but if I had a real unicorn, I'd do it.

I have sold plenty of stuff on forums with broader viewership than here, but I try to be polite and cross-list it.

I've never sold stuff on Armslist, that's like asking to get murdered.

Eastwind

Nice!
    May 3, 2020
    I buy stuff off GB. I can't recall SELLING on GB, but if I had a real unicorn, I'd do it.

I have sold plenty of stuff on forums with broader viewership than here, but I try to be polite and cross-list it.

I've never sold stuff on Armslist, that's like asking to get murdered.

I usually meet people at a police station or populated gun store in the middle of the day. If they're going to pull out a glock and shoot me in the chest in a building full of armed bystanders over an SKS then so be it.

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Very good and interesting question.
    I just listed a gun on GB yesterday.
    I did it with no reserve. I been following this exact gun I am selling and feeling pretty confident, I will be ok.
    I just hope you're not selling something you'll regret selling later. Every time I sell or trade a handgun, I regret it later. I even regret selling a chromed RG single action .22LR revolver back in Provo, Utah, while I was in school. I needed the money to buy a Ruger .22LR Standard Auto. Back then, used guns in great condition sold and traded for almost the same as new; so the pawn shop gave me a trade in value of $69 so I could buy the $92 Ruger. Because of the cost of paperwork, that just isn't the case today. Anyway, I wish I'd sold something and kept the RG. Not because it was a great gun, because it wasn't, but because it was a hoot to shoot! Why? I guess it was because the frame was aluminum and the barrel and cylinder were steel. It was very light and easy to shoot. I could throw it in my brother's car and zip up a canyon road in no time and go shooting. I still miss it and that was 1978!

By the way, does any one else find they spend too much time lurking on there and comparing prices?
    Yeah, I do, just to check out the prices. I also see a lot of guns being sold for...let's say for optimistic sums. Especially guns in horrible condition. I saw one Ruger .357 there not long ago in awful condition! It shot well, I guess, but it looked like it was put together with parts from different guns. They started it at something like $400.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Yeah, I do, just to check out the prices. I also see a lot of guns being sold for...let's say for optimistic sums. Especially guns in horrible condition. I saw one Ruger .357 there not long ago in awful condition! It shot well, I guess, but it looked like it was put together with parts from different guns. They started it at something like $400.

I followed a few FEG Browning/FN High Power clones recently. Stunned to see some of them go for over $700, none under $400. Granted, those that got big money looked NIB, but still, a year ago $600+ would have been a laughable amount of money for a copy rather than the cat. Makes my $600 light weight alloy frame High Power from last February look like a real steal of a buy.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It all depends if something common with broad appeal , or something esoteric , with variations only appreciated by serious collectors .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom