• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    In a month I’ll be resuming “long range” shooting. It’s not really long range, but it’s more than most have the option to shoot.

Starting (Feb 1st) I’ll post an invite to come out to the farm. We’ll shoot gongs and dueling tree from 10-500 yards. Paper closer if you want to practice conceal carry draw.

I only take one “new to me” shooter a week. That’s you, not you and your 5 buddies....

I made this post last year then crashed my motorcycle and never got around to it. The people from last year get first call.

No charge, this is just to help encourage longer shooting. Share what I can and to give back to the community.

Children 9-17 get priority obviously with a parent/guardian.

I’ll post more info soon but I’ll be taking someone up, every other weekend. If you can only do 1/2 day, I might take two up (am/pm).

General location is Westminster near the Carroll County Regional Airport

----- EDIT -----
    I've posted the taken/free times and will adjust them as things change. This is going to be a first come first serve kinda thing. Mornings are best, afternoons are fine too but i cant escourt you to the range. It's not hard and there's a map! https://benspelledabc.me/farminvite/ Pick a date, AM or PM. If everything is taken, pick a secondary date am/pm. Send this to me via MDShooters forums. I'll just start filling them in, in the order they are received. You dont have to but, it's also great if you want to include your cell/email and name in the PM sent to me so i know who's who. I wont share the info w/ anyone its just so we dont have to load the forums while receiption might be spotty at best.

----- EDIT 4/6/2020 ----
    COVID-19 has caused me to cancel the invites for 2020 at this time. I'll try again later in 2020 or perhaps 2021. Have fun and stay safe all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, making auto-cucumbers daily!

Last edited:

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Picture of one of the fields.

c60a72851a863e9a99aeb81686cac716.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rickinboots

TEAM GET' UM
    Jun 12, 2011
    Pasadena
    What area. I would be interested in this as I just bought a bergara hmr in 6.5 creedmoor. Been wanting to get into long range shooting. Thanks

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    I’d be interested. I just picked up a Howa 308 that’s I’d be interested in trying some long range shooting.

hammer

Feb 9, 2009
    What's your location. I would like to shoot too. I have a tikka 7mm08. I've shot 200yards. Would like to see what she can do. Thanks for the offer.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I'm a candidate for that lovely field. My Barrett yearns to speak past two hundred yards.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Pretty sure I'm one of the guys from last year.
    Yes, I'm still interested.

Yes. I saved all my PMs and you in deed ARE one from last year. Thanks for hanging in there. Are you free 2/1 "all day", just AM/PM?

I'm typically in the field from 2h before sunrise to about 1-2h after sundown on Saturdays. Lets take this back to a PM.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I would love to be invited. Never went farther than 200.
    Looking to get a long range setup.
    I would bring my 15 year old daughter who can ring steel at 200 with my ruger gunsite from a bench.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom