• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I think I threw my name out in the old thread but if not I’ll do so now. Sounds awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Thank you for your generous offer!

I would love to join you. Please add me to the list.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I didn’t want to seem too eager to invite myself last evening and be first on the list. Now I realize I might be a day late and a dollar short. Oh well...

If there are any spaces after your first invites go out, I’m interested for February 1st, if that’s the target date.

It’s pretty nice of you to host guest shooters. It sounds like a nice opportunity to practice and see some old acquaintances or meet some new ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DirtyHarry45

Jun 8, 2013
    If you’re still taking any “new to you” shooters I’d love to get an opportunity. I’ve been dying to shoot my Mosin and SKS more than 100 yards

rickinboots

TEAM GET' UM
    Jun 12, 2011
    Pasadena
    Definitely interested in bringing my 15 yo daughter. Furthest she has shot so far is 100 yards. If I’m lucky enough to get picked send me a pm.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Picture of one of the fields.

c60a72851a863e9a99aeb81686cac716.jpg

Wow, that is a heckuva range!

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Wow, that is a heckuva range!

Thanks. It's a site to see. Watching the sun crest the trees and scare away the fog/dew from the field.

I'm there, every saturday.. rain or shine.. hot or cold. Though -5 is the coldest I've been out there for more than a couple hours.

Obviously it's used for crops, so once the crops are planted.. invites taper down quick because not everyone learned how to walk between the rows of corn/beans.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    If you’re still taking any “new to you” shooters I’d love to get an opportunity. I’ve been dying to shoot my Mosin and SKS more than 100 yards

while i wont hold back ambition, i want to share that the targets i have at the moment aren't big. They are about the size of a DVD case and would be VERY hard to see without a scope.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    I'm a candidate for that lovely field. My Barrett yearns to speak past two hundred yards.

I'm not sure the steel targets are rated for a barrett.. assuming 50bmg. Heck, i'm not sure how they will stand up to a 416 Barrett. Though i would LOVE to see how a groundhog stands up to one...

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I'm not sure the steel targets are rated for a barrett.. assuming 50bmg. Heck, i'm not sure how they will stand up to a 416 Barrett. Though i would LOVE to see how a groundhog stands up to one...

Probably not too well.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Damn...2/1 is my birthday, but i won't be around. This would have been an awesome way to celebrate!

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    I'm building up a calendar. I didn't expect this level of interest. To assist in teaching/rewarding new shooters I've given people w/ children priority on the invite list as well as people from last year's thread (sorry guys and thanks for hanging in there.) The list is full at this time HOWEVER there is almost always someone that cancels events. Sick kids, car issues, cold/hot/rain, zombies. I'm also going to DOUBLE UP on days. There will be a primary and a secondary invite. If the primary cancels, the secondary "slides in" so we don't waste a day.

The exact address will be given at a later time to prevent both the primary and secondary from showing up the same day. For now, if you want to get an idea of where it's at use: 1 Magna Way, Westminster, MD 21157 for the address. It's a DQ/Jiffymart/Subway that i meet people at and is about 6-10 minutes from that location.

1. I'll email you the date for primary and secondary.
    2. NO STEEL CORE AMMO. If you dont KNOW, dont shoot it. It'll damage the gongs (maybe). Same goes for incendiary, tracer, etc etc.. typical range stuff here.
    3. THERE IS NO RESTROOM. The restroom is a few hundred yards from the range. Kids are the exception if required. (another reason we meet at DQ/jiffymart/subway/RESTROOM)
    4. I shoot groundhogs/coyote on sight and doe on crop damage permit year round if conditions permit. If this is not for you, let me know sooner rather than later.
    5. The road to the field is an active tractor road. I can make it up in my car (Nissan Maxima) but beware ruts/peeks if you do it. Its best to bring a truck if that's an option. Low riding cars, WILL NOT make it.
    6. If you have to cancel your day, so so sooner rather than later so the secondary can slide in and we'll try to reschedule your day ASAP. I left some blank weekends in there for this reason and to give myself a free weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom