• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    There have been certain guns that seemed like I had to have them and couldn't rest until I got my paws on one. Whether from watching a Hickoc 45 video or reading about one on a forum or from whatever source, a spark is lit and the hunt is on. First noticed it back in the days when it took months to get the "not disapproved" background check and I was trying to get a GSG 1911 .22 pistol. Seems kind of funny now but I really wanted that gun. Then there was the 10-22 takedown. Scarce and more money that the regular 10-22 back then. Next was the Marlin 39A. Thrilled to get that one. Several more I could add to this but suffice it to say that must be what it feels like to be a collector although I don't consider myself to be a collector. Traded off some to get another "had to have". Nothing critical on my list now so maybe I'm over it!

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Missed out on one of the Walmart Special stainless green laminate 10/22's in the international (Mannlicher) style stock by an inch. Was actually making my first gun purchase and asked about the one behind the County was told it was sold (I was young and too naive to push the matter as why it was still on display) ended up with the conventional stock. Finally a couple months ago got one, circa 1994 make. Only 24+ years later. Paid way too much but wanted it.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Missed out on one of the Walmart Special stainless green laminate 10/22's in the international (Mannlicher) style stock by an inch. Was actually making my first gun purchase and asked about the one behind the County was told it was sold (I was young and too naive to push the matter as why it was still on display) ended up with the conventional stock. Finally a couple months ago got one, circa 1994 make. Only 24+ years later. Paid way too much but wanted it.

I have one that i’m debating on selling. They have increased in value big time.

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County

I had one of those. My brother owns it now. I think I bought it late 95 from the Walmart in Salisbury.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    This applies to all sorts of things you later discovered weren’t nearly such a compelling idea once your experience, knowledge, taste and perspective have matured. That pseudo sport car, back in the day? IPAs with toxic levels of hops? That one hot but evil and certifiable girlfriend? CNN at the airport after you’ve been unplugged in Fiji for a week? Any kind of terrier? We all learn.

I had to have an A-Team grade Mini 14 back in the 80’s. Probably shouldn’t have sold it years later (stainless!), but the romance wore off. At least it didn’t slash my tires when we broke up, like that crazy ex.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I have one that i’m debating on selling. They have increased in value big time.

Wish I had known that before messing around with GB and transfers and such. Was in about $4 bills on mine with the box. I know the price in the mid 1990s was around $189. Way too much but the serial number tracked to the right years and the condition is excellent.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Wish I had known that before messing around with GB and transfers and such. Was in about $4 bills on mine with the box. I know the price in the mid 1990s was around $189. Way too much but the serial number tracked to the right years and the condition is excellent.

I think $400ish is the going rate on them right now

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    I had three that were at the top of my “must have” list. All were WWII USGI. My dad was stationed at Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941 with an army medical unit. Before he died in 2001 he gave me a box of photos taken during his military service from 1940 to 1945. Among the photos were several with him carrying weapons - an M1911, an M-1 carbine, and a 1903-A3. They were my first C&R buys.

python

Apr 15, 2010
    I looked for this Colt 357 for years. I wanted a particular, very early production model configuration. This gun is the immediate progenitor of the Python, having the same internals, with the same tuning and a very high level of finishing. Only 15k of these were made from 1954-61, as compared to about 600k Pythons. I'm still looking for 6" model in the same configuration.

Attachments

• 20190530_103348.jpg
      20190530_103348.jpg
      194.8 KB · Views: 846

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Ya can relate. I’ve sold 2 in my life rime and regret it , a 22 Remington and a cheap muzzle loader. But I had to have black carbine then one in rifle then one one in 308.then a bolt action 308 , then 30-06 bolt action then 2 band enfield to go with my 3 band but had to have a Springfield also. I could go on but my last was 357 lever action. Almost bought a Glock just because but rented one and didn’t like how it was in my hand , the angle of it , had to kink my wrist so to speak. I’ll stick with Sig. Had to have a 1911 and a M1. My list goes on , next up I want another Vaquero 357. Would like something in 44 lever. I just have a hard time making my mind up. Shoot them all , rotate so to speak. Well AGC closed so stuck to indoor. Think my list topper was my M1. Hmmmm really like my revolvers.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Kel-Tec SU-16D9. Haven't even shot the ****er because the 'rona moved in before I had a chance. When this shit is all over, I'm taking a week off and just doing a continuous series of range days to catch up on my backlog.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    The people over on the Marlin forum call it Marlinitis when you "have to have" another one. I think that was true of me when I had to get that 1894 .357 lever gun.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Whitney Wolverine

Would like to eventually get a Carcano in 7.35mm - only because my dad had one and it held magical properties when I was a kid.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I have several.

Some I wanted from childhood. So got them. Beretta Model 71. Remington Nylon 66.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Three 12 gauge shotguns that I bought. I bought an 1887 lever action, an 1897 trenchgun and a side by side hammer coachgun...all IAC clones. Fit my budget and flawless shooting so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom