Trudeau announces ban on 1500 types of 'assault-style' firearms-effective immediatley

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Do Canadians have a legal recourse to this cabinet law? Seems their prime minister has too much consolidated power in their government structure.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    There's a solution to it, but some would say it isn't time yet.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Basically I think all they can do is not comply and risk legal sanctions. Canada is full of lakes so I suspect occurrences of boat accidents are going to see a big increase. Then again...Canadians have a reputation for being nice so they just knuckle under.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the mass shooting in Nova Scotia didn't involve one of those types of guns. They have just been waiting for any excuse to ban guns, and they found one. Never let a tragedy go to waste, right Liberals?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Still can't connect to the full list of banned guns, but here is the cliff notes version. I scoff at the numbers of estimated rifles. Ottawa clearly has no idea what they have in the country. I suspect there will be a healthy number of WWNC folks, but not nearly the percentages we would have in the States if they tried this type of tyranny.

M16, M4, AR-10 and AR-15 rifles. Those styles were used in the Sandy Hook, New Zealand, Las Vegas and Orlando mass shootings. There are an estimated 83,572 in Canada.
    Ruger Mini-14s, the type of firearm used in the École Polytechnique shooting. There are an estimated 16,859 in Canada.
    Swiss Arms Classic Green carbines. There are an estimated 1,342 in Canada.
    M14 rifles, used in the Moncton shooting. There are an estimated 5,229 in Canada.
    Vz. 58 semi-automatic rifles, used in the Quebec City mosque shooting. There are an estimated 11,593 in Canada.
    CZ Scorpion EVO 3 carbines. There are an estimated 1,813 in Canada.
    Beretta CX4 Storm carbines, the type of firearm used in the Dawson College shooting. There are an estimated 1,513 in Canada.
    Sig Sauer MCX and Sig MPX carbines and pistols. There are an estimated 1,000 in Canada.
    Robinson Arms XCR rifles. There are an estimated 1,834 in Canada.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Even one is too many to be confiscated, but I wonder why the Canadians are so unarmed?

Those numbers read like some MDS members' basements...

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Still can't connect to the full list of banned guns, but here is the cliff notes version. I scoff at the numbers of estimated rifles. Ottawa clearly has no idea what they have in the country. I suspect there will be a healthy number of WWNC folks, but not nearly the percentages we would have in the States if they tried this type of tyranny.

M16, M4, AR-10 and AR-15 rifles. Those styles were used in the Sandy Hook, New Zealand, Las Vegas and Orlando mass shootings. There are an estimated 83,572 in Canada.
    Ruger Mini-14s, the type of firearm used in the École Polytechnique shooting. There are an estimated 16,859 in Canada.
    Swiss Arms Classic Green carbines. There are an estimated 1,342 in Canada.
    M14 rifles, used in the Moncton shooting. There are an estimated 5,229 in Canada.
    Vz. 58 semi-automatic rifles, used in the Quebec City mosque shooting. There are an estimated 11,593 in Canada.
    CZ Scorpion EVO 3 carbines. There are an estimated 1,813 in Canada.
    Beretta CX4 Storm carbines, the type of firearm used in the Dawson College shooting. There are an estimated 1,513 in Canada.
    Sig Sauer MCX and Sig MPX carbines and pistols. There are an estimated 1,000 in Canada.
    Robinson Arms XCR rifles. There are an estimated 1,834 in Canada.

I would expect AK's to make the cliff notes version.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Maybe, but if I’m not mistaken they have been boiling the frog for some time. Lot of hoops to jump through etc. I imagine many have given up on SA’s, having seen the writing on the walls.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Apparently there are none in Canada.... or SKSs.... seriously doubt that. I would wager there are far more than 17K mini-14s there too.

I understand that they are very popular with the indigenous tribes. That's why I'm surprised they did not make to top 5 or so. Maybe the tribes will not be required to participate?

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    2 years to comply, I hope all the mass murderers comply. Wouldn’t want to do a mass shooting outside the time frame, THAT would be really illegal.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Even one is too many to be confiscated, but I wonder why the Canadians are so unarmed?

Those numbers read like some MDS members' basements...

The Canadians didn’t throw off the British yoke by revolution. They seem to accept that the sole purpose of a firearm is hunting and target practice for hunting. Let’s see what happens when the government actually comes for their guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom