• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    That is absurd! So taking my 13 year old to the range to show him how to shoot any of my firearms makes me a criminal. Meanwhile thugs everywhere hanging out smoming weed and thuggin it up get a pass because hey...they're democrats. The foljs who sponser and write these laws ought to be horse whipped to within and inch of their lives!

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    The bill has been law since 1987. They are trying to amend it and add in paragraph 3, which that paragraph is the cause for concern.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    The bill has been law since 1987. They are trying to amend it and add in paragraph 3, which that paragraph is the cause for concern.

I think a lot of people (here and elsewhere) are reading the other paragraphs for the first time as well.

While no one I know is pleased about this,none of the instructors I know in VA (and I train in VA a lot) seem overly concerned.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I think a lot of people (here and elsewhere) are reading the other paragraphs for the first time as well.

While no one I know is pleased about this,none of the instructors I know in VA (and I train in VA a lot) seem overly concerned.

I don’t like it...it’s one of the slices of “death by 1000 cuts” in my opinion. This country was formed and created out of and by civil disobedience. When a tyrannical govt has overstepped is boundaries, it’s the duty of citizens push back. This amended law would take people out of the “fight” earlier in the game. Who decides or determines if training in martial arts and/or firearms is with intent for civil disorder?

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I don’t like it...it’s one of the slices of “death by 1000 cuts” in my opinion. This country was formed and created out of and by civil disobedience. When a tyrannical govt has overstepped is boundaries, it’s the duty of citizens push back. This amended law would take people out of the “fight” earlier in the game. Who decides or determines if training in martial arts and/or firearms is with intent for civil disorder?

I agree. But again, the part about training has been in the law since 1987. It's only the part about OCing at a protest that is new, and that's in response to Charlottesville,basically.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Changing "shall be" to "is" in the preamble will save a lot of money by eliminating all those pesky trials.

Paragraph 3 creates thought crimes, crimes which need exist only in the frevered mind of a single snowflake.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    That is absurd! So taking my 13 year old to the range to show him how to shoot any of my firearms makes me a criminal. Meanwhile thugs everywhere hanging out smomking weed and thuggin it up get a pass because hey...they're democrats. The foljs who sponsor and write these laws ought to be horse whipped to within and inch of their lives!

As I posted on another thread about this type of stupidity...

Let's have the pro 2A side introduce legislation that makes it a felony punishable by death, to introduce legislation contrary to the COTUS and the Bill of Rights!

Put those asshats on the defensive.

3. Assembles with one or more persons with the intent of intimidating any person or group of persons by drilling, parading, or marching with any firearm, any explosive or incendiary device, or any components or combination thereof.

How many times has the VCDL or others assembled while carrying, I garentee those days would be 0ver if this was passed.

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    Say goodby to the civil war reenactors too. :sad20:

They already are doing everything they can to attack confederate symbols. I inform everyone who visits battlefields and such not to spend money in states taht want the money but to hide that heritage. i would hope they also move the musuem of the confederacy. Why let a state who hates you get money from you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom