HQL denied to to Medical Marijuana Card?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Providing commentary on current laws, passed by our representative legislators in our current Constitutional Republic is not "supporting gun restrictions". It is pointing out the facts at play in the arena and providing commentary on how others may get involved to help turn the tide.

Will you feel the same way when a gun ban is passed?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Translation: "Yes, I am a fudd and will turn in whatever the government deems illegal. I follow every law even if its unconstitutional"
    Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

this is harsh.

Isn't America about the freedom to make those choices? I think so.

Well, that's the theory.

It is definitely not the practice, especially in places like Maryland. We'll have to wait and see how the rest of the nation feels about it.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    My issue is if Maryland can ignore federal law with regards to possession of Marijuana why are they enforcing federal law regarding Marijuana and firearms. Shouldn’t this be an issue under the equal protection clause?
    Ha... you think that Maryland understands or abides by the Constitution? They only pick and choose pieces which help further the end goal of banning guns. Weed is just a helpful excuse.

I'm not saying I support it, but it's quite obvious and easily accessible information that the OP could have found. I don't smoke weed and I knew you couldn't have one or the other.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Ha... you think that Maryland understands or abides by the Constitution? They only pick and choose pieces which help further the end goal of banning guns. Weed is just a helpful excuse.

I'm not saying I support it, but it's quite obvious and easily accessible information that the OP could have found. I don't smoke weed and I knew you couldn't have one or the other.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    Suuuuuuure. Now it’s binary AND logical.

JUST LIKE THAT.

Llyrin

Yankee-Rebel
    Mar 14, 2009
    Charles Co
    What I’d do is this:

1) turn in the MM card. I might have to wait a period of time before the next step.

2) apply for the FFL03 / C&R.

3) if you currently own firearms, also apply for the Maryland Designated Collector (see attached pic). The collector status allows you to purchase more than one firearm per month. You can get the form from the MDSP website.

4) Once you have your C&R, start buying firearms (handguns, long guns, whatever is your pleasure) and have them shipped direct to your door.

5) As mentioned elsewhere, have your doctor prescribe something other than MM—oxycodone, hydrocodone, Tylenol3, Codeine, etc.
    98a90d946815fbf86f9c438ff0449200.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    Translation: "Yes, I am a fudd and will turn in whatever the government deems illegal. I follow every law even if its unconstitutional"

Translation:
    You don't know me or anything about me, so try speaking about something you have actual knowledge of, rather than your BS.
    So tell us about this Grand Flag that you've planted to resist any Govt intrusion in your life. Tell us about your "Resist the Tyranny" movement.
    Or are you just a Couch Fudd waiting for your next set of orders?

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    The whole thing is ridiculous. It's just weed. I would say handling firearms or carrying a firearm while consuming alcohol is far more dangerous and far more of a risk to public health.

Medical marijuana is also ridiculous. Just legalize it. It's just weed. I would much rather be around a bunch of potheads then a bunch of drunks.

I know plenty of people that don't have medical marijuana cards for this very reason. They want to own firearms. I'm sure most of them just buy weed from someone that has a card or some other illegal way like people have been doing forever.

It's a shame. People could make sure that whatever they are smoking is safe and the government could get that extra tax revenue if they would just legalize it on the federal level.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    The whole thing is ridiculous. It's just weed. I would say handling firearms or carrying a firearm while consuming alcohol is far more dangerous and far more of a risk to public health.

Medical marijuana is also ridiculous. Just legalize it. It's just weed. I would much rather be around a bunch of potheads then a bunch of drunks.

I know plenty of people that don't have medical marijuana cards for this very reason. They want to own firearms. I'm sure most of them just buy weed from someone that has a card or some other illegal way like people have been doing forever.

It's a shame. People could make sure that whatever they are smoking is safe and the government could get that extra tax revenue if they would just legalize it on the federal level.

Yeah, but the the .gov would have to scale back on spending for the war on drugs and you know that they don't like to cut spending.

Mag Dump

May 31, 2017
    Frederick, MD Region
    To put a positive spin on this, at least when the Communists win the presidential election in November, as they sure love their weed, pot is likely to be taken off Schedule I as a controlled substance and then this issue goes away.

Course, then we have other problems but at least folks who do the medical MJ thing will be able to have guns. Until no one gets to have guns that is.

Mursey

Aug 23, 2017
    As a registered provider that can certify patients, it is kind of crap. I always suggest to patients that they sign their firearm over to a spouse or family member they live with (son/daughter/etc) and then they can apply for the card without an issue. Some are willing, some aren't.

Turtle Man

Mar 17, 2013
    This may have been covered, but what happens if you were to get a MM card after you've purchased a handgun?

Mursey

Aug 23, 2017
    This may have been covered, but what happens if you were to get a MM card after you've purchased a handgun?

From my experience with patients, there's no one that comes knocking on your door to take your firearm. It's moreso that you may get denied for the initial MMCC registration if they figure it out. If you lie about owning a firearm when asked for application or verification purposes, you can face jail time, but 9/10 they don't check with MSP when you sign up. Again, at least from my experience.

Trauma915

Oct 4, 2019
    More then you know!

If you surrender your MM card you must wait one year from that date to apply for your HQL again. Political forces on the left passed a state law saying it is ok to smoke weed and possess a firearm but it has no teeth...federal law is federal law.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    To put a positive spin on this, at least when the Communists win the presidential election in November, as they sure love their weed, pot is likely to be taken off Schedule I as a controlled substance and then this issue goes away.

Course, then we have other problems but at least folks who do the medical MJ thing will be able to have guns. Until no one gets to have guns that is.

Fairly certain their hatred of guns (or at least their hatred of gun owning Patriots) outweighs their indifference about weed. Lets be honest, they don't care about weed. They talk about it because they are the party of lawlessness and anarchy. Their voters like the idea of less "racist" laws. You'll lose gun rights way before they do anything to make weed legal...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom