• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

That’s very nice. I have no doubt you are an amazing uncle. Is that the Microtech Mensch 2000?

I got a Spyderco Autonomy 2 in my mailbox. Nice fit and finish, intuitive controls, solid lock-up. LC200N steel. My new EDC. Since MD has an exemption in 4-101 for a55holes with carry permits to carry automatic knives, this a55hole is going to carry one.

Attachments

• 06B258AF-2BEF-42D8-AB52-124D89010B31.jpg
      06B258AF-2BEF-42D8-AB52-124D89010B31.jpg
      47.3 KB · Views: 482

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Group of stag Barlows from 1900 to current, 3 countries, USA, Germany, England.

Attachments

• IMG_2246.jpg
      IMG_2246.jpg
      151 KB · Views: 433
    • IMG_2240.jpg
      IMG_2240.jpg
      153 KB · Views: 449
    • IMG_2244.jpg
      IMG_2244.jpg
      127 KB · Views: 446

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    I thought about posting a pic of my knives here, then realized I might have a problem... are there such things as knife hoarders? probably half of mine are junk but can't bring myself to part with any of them.

I really enjoy looking at all the pics in this thread

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I thought about posting a pic of my knives here, then realized I might have a problem... are there such things as knife hoarders? probably half of mine are junk but can't bring myself to part with any of them.

Ha! Post them up. I did a while back. I have a few that are nice but most of them were impulse buys that just sort of caught my eye. I had them kind of scattered around everywhere and had to collect them together into a couple places to take pics.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick

Oh, yeah.... it’s a condition in the ICD-9 I’m sure.....

Working on a design for a custom Canadian belt knife and building a list of wha I like and don’t from those in my collection...

cadb6ba1af06832d231735e0ef35df4e.jpg

5f41869bb19fe026a791555c8d400e33.jpg

A custom PBJ Bread n butter in L6 tool steel

64fc0b503cc0eae15989f4fac9332aff.jpg

A Tunnel Rat by Vehement Knives

0bed3604781bebb8cb4104e50b0933d4.jpg

And many many more....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    Ha! Post them up. I did a while back. I have a few that are nice but most of them were impulse buys that just sort of caught my eye. I had them kind of scattered around everywhere and had to collect them together into a couple places to take pics.

ok I guess, here goes nuttin. I have a few that are nice, but more that are not, so ya'll be kind... lol. at one point in the past I fell victim of ordering 2 knives from the NRA magazine cause I liked how they looked... Pakistani crap but still have them.

Missing a few that are scattered about elsewhere, but this is the bulk of them.

favorite folders... the little red and blue plastic ones that were my first pocket knives from Auto supplies in Hancock when I was a kid. I do love my benchmade mini crooked river too. favorite fixed... the plain smaller bowie knife I bought at a trading post in Canada when I was on a 10 day camping/canoe trip with the scouts when I was younger... went thru a Bubba blade phase, my wife never knew what to get me, eventually I think she got me nearly every one they made back then. 4 of the fixed blades are ones I got the kits for and added the handles and made the leather sheaths. I gave a crap ton of them away as gifts and these 4 are the ones I have left.

Attachments

• Fixed 2.jpg
      Fixed 2.jpg
      82.6 KB · Views: 387
    • Folders 4.jpg
      Folders 4.jpg
      94.3 KB · Views: 374

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    After reading a post from eruby in a different thread about an inexpensive OTF knife, I ordered a Lighting from Grindworx, came in under $30 with free shipping. Blade is sharp and tight almost no side-to-side play, the side open/close action switch is tight enough to not allow accidental blade opening but when you want to open or close the blade it has a positive solid feel. Handle is not great, rough texture aluminum but I can live with it. At first I was thinking for $30 it would be cheap POS but I like this one as a great EDC throw away knife and would order another if I lost it, thanks erudy for the recommendation love it!

https://www.grindworx.com/item--Black-Lightning-DA-OTF--396

Attachments

• OTF lighting.jpg
      OTF lighting.jpg
      18.2 KB · Views: 522
    • OTF lighting clip.jpg
      OTF lighting clip.jpg
      17.8 KB · Views: 528
    • OTF lighting closed.jpg
      OTF lighting closed.jpg
      13.7 KB · Views: 536
    Last edited:

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    What is in the SOG sheath? Looks intriguing.

ok I guess, here goes nuttin. I have a few that are nice, but more that are not, so ya'll be kind... lol. at one point in the past I fell victim of ordering 2 knives from the NRA magazine cause I liked how they looked... Pakistani crap but still have them.

Missing a few that are scattered about elsewhere, but this is the bulk of them.

favorite folders... the little red and blue plastic ones that were my first pocket knives from Auto supplies in Hancock when I was a kid. I do love my benchmade mini crooked river too. favorite fixed... the plain smaller bowie knife I bought at a trading post in Canada when I was on a 10 day camping/canoe trip with the scouts when I was younger... went thru a Bubba blade phase, my wife never knew what to get me, eventually I think she got me nearly every one they made back then. 4 of the fixed blades are ones I got the kits for and added the handles and made the leather sheaths. I gave a crap ton of them away as gifts and these 4 are the ones I have left.

sleepingdino

Mar 13, 2013
    People's Republic of Mont Co
    got a Spyderco Autonomy 2 in my mailbox. Nice fit and finish, intuitive controls, solid lock-up. LC200N steel. My new EDC. Since MD has an exemption in 4-101 for a55holes with carry permits to carry automatic knives, this a55hole is going to carry one.

Thanks for the tip about the exemption, as it was news to me.

https://law.justia.com/codes/maryland/2010/criminal-law/title-4/subtitle-1/4-101

§ 4-101. Dangerous weapons.

(a) Definitions.-

(1) In this section the following words have the meanings indicated.

(2) "Nunchaku" means a device constructed of two pieces of any substance, including wood, metal, or plastic, connected by any chain, rope, leather, or other flexible material not exceeding 24 inches in length.

(3) (i) "Pepper mace" means an aerosol propelled combination of highly disabling irritant pepper-based products.

(ii) "Pepper mace" is also known as oleoresin capsicum (o.c.) spray.

(4) "Star knife" means a device used as a throwing weapon, consisting of several sharp or pointed blades arrayed as radially disposed arms about a central disk.

(5) (i) "Weapon" includes a dirk knife, bowie knife, switchblade knife, star knife, sandclub, metal knuckles, razor, and nunchaku.

(ii) "Weapon" does not include:

1. a handgun; or

2. a penknife without a switchblade.

(b) Exceptions for certain individuals.- This section does not prohibit the following individuals from carrying a weapon:

(1) an officer of the State, or of any county or municipal corporation of the State, who is entitled or required to carry the weapon as part of the officer's official equipment, or by any conservator of the peace, who is entitled or required to carry the weapon as part of the conservator's official equipment, or by any officer or conservator of the peace of another state who is temporarily in this State;

(2) a special agent of a railroad;

(3) a holder of a permit to carry a handgun issued under Title 5, Subtitle 3 of the Public Safety Article; or

(4) an individual who carries the weapon as a reasonable precaution against apprehended danger, subject to the right of the court in an action arising under this section to judge the reasonableness of the carrying of the weapon, and the proper occasion for carrying it, under the evidence in the case.

If this is the case, then go big or go home!
    IMG_8195.jpg

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    bAx7rky.jpg

I missed-out on the first run of the Fox 528 Tur back in 2018. Got great reviews and ElMax steel is extremely durable stuff. Unfortunately, by the time I was ready to buy a 528, it was long gone. Story of my life. Late last year, the 528 went thru a redesign, including switching from ElMax to Bohler N690 for the 2.9" blade and replacing the carbon fiber scales with G10. It's now called the 523 Tur. I think it's a pretty nice knife for under $150 + free shipping. Went ahead and ordered one.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    hwcmUVz.jpg

I think this is a helluva nice knife for $150. Comes with a zipper case and an allen wrench to make it easy to maintain, or in my case, replace the ugly blaze orange back spacer at some point.

wQIrxxJ.jpg

F4RwAwm.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom