• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    First off, I know: support your LGS. Unfortunately, most of them are out of inventory, so we are left to purchase off the internet. That being the case, can you guys recommend an FFL that will do pinning/blocking of magazines? I'm looking to get a Springfield Hellcat and they only come with 11 and 13 mags. I'd rather not pay full price for a gun and have the FFL confiscate the mags and give me the gun with no mags (some do this). I want an FFL that will pin them, block them, disassemble them, or do whatever is needed to allow me to get the gun and the mags legally transferred to me. So I'm looking for recommendations on FFL's that will do this, preferably without extracting a ridiculous transfer fee. I'd be happy to buy the gun through the FFL/LGS, but as said, no one seems to have inventory. So I have to go the interwebs route. Any construction suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Back when Fox Firearms was in Columbia, and before I heard all the dirt on them, they riveted the mag on my 1st AR15 purchase to 10 rounds. It also pinched the bottom of the mag, so if I removed the rivet, I would have to pry open the mag a bit for the follower not to get pinched

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Pretty sure Quartermaster in Fallston Md can do the mag.

Clark Gun Locker in Aberdeen Md has some things in stock as well.

TD

kolohekanaka

Jul 23, 2017
    Howard County, MD
    Chad at Fox's Firearms pinned all my magazines when they were on Red Branch Road, Columbia. $10 per mag unless you acquired the gun through them then pinning is free.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Have you heard of Ty's firearms.....they'll send straight to you according to their website. Conveniently located in Philly, CA, and Landsdowne.

This is a joke...don't use TY's firearms.

Purchased a gun once that came with a 17rd mag that was pinned to 10. I took the mag apart and was suprised to find a wooden dowel glued inside. Needless to say its not pinned to 10rds anymore. I removed the pin out of state of course ;)

It could have been pinned with a rivet or welded somehow, either way it was comming out. They just did me a solid and made things easier for me.

Dawson9a

Jul 1, 2013
    I’m in a similar situation. Looking to buy a Sig M18 and got “back in stock” email from Midway. Went to get it and they won’t send to Maryland! Ni5 sure what to do at this point! Any advice?

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD

Grow up. This is a real question about how one can actually buy a legal and approved firearm that comes standard with larger mags. In a LGS, they will pin or block them. So this isn’t anything strange. Or illegal. This is a discussion about how to do this same thing when the LGS doesn’t have (or can’t get) the model in stock. Those that keep saying “the first rule...” are implying doing something that shouldn’t be discussed. Perhaps illegal. And that’s NOT what this thread was about. If you want to giggle like school girls and talk about how to illegally get larger mags, take that discussion somewhere else. And grow up. This is an above the board discussion, meant for adults. It’s a perfectly acceptable discussion for an open forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Talk about it somewhere other than an open forum. There is nothing nefarious, however we want to keep it that way.

If there’s nothing nefarious, there’s no problem discussing it in an open forum. See my above post. And then stay silent. You clearly have nothing constructive to add.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom