• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Worse than MD if it passes.

Edit: wait, did it already pass..?

It was submitted in special session earlier this year and was shot down by Republicans.

Now there is no one to shoot it down. We'll see what gets submitted, changed, and if anything makes it to the libtard gov's desk...

Then VA gun owners can panic.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Hopefully this wakes up the 2a community in va to how important the next supreme court pick is for the 2020 election.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Like what exactly are you going to do with the 100th mag that the 1-99th mags you already have can't do for you?
    Why, gift them to someone who asked questions like this today, only tomorrow ... of course!

At a certain point too many magazines become a liability.
    Please give even a brief description of what that point would look like ...

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    Don't get me wrong, people should be able to buy as many as they can afford. I'm just wondering the psychology behind some, who feel the need to go out and get the 100th mag just because the state government decides they want to ban it.

Like what exactly are you going to do with the 100th mag that the 1-99th mags you already have can't do for you? At a certain point too many magazines become a liability.

When the SHTF your buddies might need spares. On the other hand, I expect the same level of compliance NY and CT saw with their registration legislation.

The communists aren't playing around. Those who understand and value liberty should pay attention to what happens in VA.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    There is no black market when you can easily drive and go across state line and still buy more of what you want.

Besides most of America already has an abundance of this stuff.

I think it's just an irrational hysteria and nothing more in most cases. 'Er I'm gunna buy more mags because the other guys is too' despite the fact the other stockpile of mags you have are collecting dust.

I'm talking about the extreme cases, where someone already has a ton of mags. Yeah if you only have a few yeah go and buy more asap because it makes a difference.

Think on it long and hard, Tory.

If you can’t return with a solid answer, maybe you can give a detailed description of how it feels to bow to the crown.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    There is no black market when you can easily drive and go across state line and still buy more of what you want.

Besides most of America already has an abundance of this stuff.

I think it's just an irrational hysteria and nothing more in most cases. 'Er I'm gunna buy more mags because the other guys is too' despite the fact the other stockpile of mags you have are collecting dust.

I'm talking about the extreme cases, where someone already has a ton of mags. Yeah if you only have a few yeah go and buy more asap because it makes a difference.

Your assumption is that a ban stops at MD's boarders... I make no such assumption. We have had a nationwide ban on mags with over a 10 round capacity before, and I fear it can happen again.

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    Think on it long and hard, Tory.

If you can’t return with a solid answer, maybe you can give a detailed description of how it feels to bow to the crown.

"maybe you can give a detailed description of how it feels to bow to the crown."

You live in Maryland, I'm sure you know all about bowing to the Democrat crown. May be you can provide us a description of what that feels like?

Be prepared for more gun control next year in Maryland, even Hogan won't protect you. Permit and background check to buy ammo/magazines, outright AR-15 ban and ban on possession, red flags on non-compliers, no out-of-state purchased ammo/mags allowed (California law). Pretty soon all you will be able to get is shotguns, hunting rifles, and muzzle loaders.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    "maybe you can give a detailed description of how it feels to bow to the crown."

You live in Maryland, I'm sure you know all about bowing to the Democrat crown. May be you can provide us a description of what that feels like? Americans living in free states would like to hear from Americans who live in slave states.

Be prepared for more gun control next year in Maryland, even Hogan won't protect you.

Do I bow, though? Will I comply? Has Hogan “protected” me any more than O’Malley?

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    The only bright side for the ones wanting to buy extra mags is that there probably will be plenty for sale at the local gun stores. If your state don't sell em, the next one over will. For now. Get em while they're hot. :innocent0

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    Do I bow, though? Will I comply? Has Hogan “protected” me any more than O’Malley?

A lot of Marylanders are just going to grow up and get use to the laws passed in 2013. So at some point it will just feel normal to you all. Compliance will come natural, you don't really have much choice. Marylanders keep voting the same Democrats into power.

I knew guys that said "I will never get an HQL!" Couple years later they got finger-printed, added to a gun-confiscation registration list and got their HQLs. See overtime most people will just get use to it and go about their life.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    A lot of Marylanders are just going to grow up and get use to the laws passed in 2013. So at some point it will just feel normal to you all. Compliance will come natural, you don't really have much choice. Marylanders keep voting the same Democrats into power.

I knew guys that said "I will never get an HQL!" Couple years later they got finger-printed, added to a gun-confiscation registration list and got their HQLs. See overtime most people will just get use to it and go about their life.

So you will do what most Marylanders do and get used to it? You can have an HQL and still not comply.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Va isn't really sudden . I've been telling Va people for a while that they were only one Committee Chairman away from becoming Maryland . Alas , they usually blew me off .

OR they learn to build from 80 percent and flip the middle finger at the fake "laws"..I've added over a dozen new handguns since the HQL. Became "law" and I still don't have my HQL.. I also have several AR rifles in various calibers that were all built prior to Oct 2013..

Va isn't really sudden . I've been telling Va people for a while that they were only one Committee Chairman away from becoming Maryland . Alas , they usually blew me off .

Yep, I heard the same thing from my Va. Friends and relatives. Now they are scrambling to buy everything they can get their hands on. The only potential saving grace is that they aren't going to let Northam take what they have..

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I also have several AR rifles in various calibers that were all built prior to Oct 2013..

That’s kind of the point, isn’t it? If one really was in full on WWNC mode, the 2013 boundary wouldn’t matter, would it? But it does to most people because they don’t want to risk becoming felons, and the Dems win. Now, will an all-out AR possession ban in MD see compliance? Among some, maybe. But that will push some who put up with the 2013 ruling to put up no longer. Again, this is all about the courts.

NebTim

Leonidas likes Patriots
    Apr 11, 2018
    Marilandistan
    Yep, I heard the same thing from my Va. Friends and relatives. Now they are scrambling to buy everything they can get their hands on. The only potential saving grace is that they aren't going to let Northam take what they have..

yep, for years i'v heard people in va say, never here, don;t worry. Now people are buying eveyrthing they can. some are talking about where to move out of virginia. I thought va was where marylanders went to escape 'to' America. pretty sad stuff happening right now.

yep, for years i'v heard people in va say, never here, don;t worry. Now people are buying eveyrthing they can. some are talking about where to move out of virginia. I thought va was where marylanders went to escape 'to' America. pretty sad stuff happening right now.

well I'm not hearing anything about people wanting to move out of Virginia. I am hearing people grumbling about organizing and fighting back and I'm not talking about at the voting booth. I have really good friends who own a 12000 acre dairy farm in Culpeper and I have family scattered throughout the state. Those Southwest Virginia boys don't play. They will March on Richmond and forcibly remove the governor before the ink is dry on a confiscation order. I find it fitting that if there's going to be a second American civil war that it starts where the first one ended

NebTim

Leonidas likes Patriots
    Apr 11, 2018
    Marilandistan
    well I'm not hearing anything about people wanting to move out of Virginia. I am hearing people grumbling about organizing and fighting back and I'm not talking about at the voting booth. I have really good friends who own a 12000 acre dairy farm in Culpeper and I have family scattered throughout the state. Those Southwest Virginia boys don't play. They will March on Richmond and forcibly remove the governor before the ink is dry on a confiscation order. I find it fitting that if there's going to be a second American civil war that it starts where the first one ended

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom