• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4570inMD

Western MD Hooligan #007
    Jan 26, 2011
    West Virginia
    Mooseman,

Here is the link to my Takedown's peep sight insert that you liked this morning:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ruger-10-22-or-96-Rear-1-16-Aperture-Peep-Sight-Blade-Also-Fits-Lyman-Sights-/310498574599?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item484b284107

$(KGrHqZ,!gwFBJG6+VjyBQmGM)uugg~~60_3.JPG

4570inMD

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    Mooseman,
    Here is the link to my Takedown's peep sight insert that you liked this morning:
    4570inMD

How well does this work? I am horrible with the stock sights on mine. It seems like the peep sight is normally closer to the shooter's eye. Does being further away make it more difficult to align on the target?

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    4570, I just saw this thread, but did get your PM on Sunday. Thank you. MikeSP, I shot his on Sunday and I loved it. I am going to have to get this sight for myself. I don't have a problem with the Ruger factory sights, but the peep makes it really nice.

4570inMD

Western MD Hooligan #007
    Jan 26, 2011
    West Virginia
    How well does this work? I am horrible with the stock sights on mine. It seems like the peep sight is normally closer to the shooter's eye. Does being further away make it more difficult to align on the target?

MikeSP,

Your eye naturally finds the center of the rear aperture---even at the standard sight location. Mine has the 1/16" aperture, but a 1/8" is also available. Everyone shooting with this arrangement so far has seen a significant improvement in aiming especially with older eyes.

Today I received a Skinner Lo-Pro rear peep that goes into the rear rail mount threads to increase the sight radius another ~6" and to get the rear aperture closer to the shooter's eye.

Skinner 10_22 loPro rear peep sight_a.jpg

http://www.skinnersights.com/lo-pro_sight_7.html

4570inMD

Western MD Hooligan #007
    Jan 26, 2011
    West Virginia
    Here is an update on my Takedown:
    Skinner peep in rear and Shaver 17a aperture with a level up front.

Ruger 10_22 Shaver front sight_e-crop.jpg

The new Tony Kidd 2-stage trigger set at 8oz & 8oz makes it a joy to shoot with match grade ammo.

4570inMD

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom