• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    I have over a thousand notifications set up. I have only ever gotten one to say the product was discontinued. I got bullets brass and powder just no primers

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    yep i've been able to buy just ONE box of primers (powder valley) since i've been looking in earnest a few months ago. had a box and got all thru the checkout at basspro only to show OOS after i entered all my payment etc info and clicked buy. the prob now, when you do actually find some, is they limit to one box and thus the shipping and hazmat add-ons easily double the primer price. and yeah i'm not paying the $300/k gunbroker (or LG) prices.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    My Bot is just telling me that PowderValley is starting to put Federal Primers in stock.. YMMV

[Edit: It looks like the Small Pistol Match and Small Rifle Match]

[Edit2: both OOS after 12minutes]

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Managed to get 1000 small rifle primers from PV this morning thanks to the Reloading discord notification, now I just need to find large rifle primers.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Sigh, I got all excited checking a minute ago, but when I try to add them to my cart, "OOS". I guess the inventory isn't matching up on the website vs the adding to cart. If I'd just checked earlier in the day...

Oh well.

KRC

Sep 30, 2018
    Cecil County MD
    Just picked up 1000 #7 1/2 Remington small rifle benchrest primers for a reasonable price at Eveland Arms in Earleville. Not sure how many he has left of those, but no pistol primers.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I think I'd rather score a thou SPPs or SRPs than shoot a big buck at this point...

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    I logged into Midway this afternoon and found two notices about primers being available back in October. No email, just notices on their site. [sigh]

JaeLess

Nov 20, 2020
    Bots are snatching them up when they get on the sights. There is a brand of Jiu Jitsu gear that has a cult following.... as soon as the website goes live with the new stuff, it is literally sold out in a minute flat. I have clicked on a item, switched to paypal to pay and before the order is paid for (mind you I already have paypal open and ready to pay) I have been cart jacked and the item sells out. I guarantee this is whats happening now with primers...

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I logged into Midway this afternoon and found two notices about primers being available back in October. No email, just notices on their site. [sigh]

Bots are snatching them up when they get on the sights. There is a brand of Jiu Jitsu gear that has a cult following.... as soon as the website goes live with the new stuff, it is literally sold out in a minute flat. I have clicked on a item, switched to paypal to pay and before the order is paid for (mind you I already have paypal open and ready to pay) I have been cart jacked and the item sells out. I guarantee this is whats happening now with primers...
    F'ing ridiculous...:sad20:

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    so the 'bots' go thru the whole checkout process for you, or are they just letting you know asap when something is in stock and you take it from there? either way yeah stuff is going within seconds of notice.

JaeLess

Nov 20, 2020
    Yes. It does the whole process in milliseconds. Alot of people use them to get concert tickets and stuff. Younger, tech saavy people use them all the time to get hard to get / limited number items...

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    so the 'bots' go thru the whole checkout process for you, or are they just letting you know asap when something is in stock and you take it from there? either way yeah stuff is going within seconds of notice.

yep, some write scripts, some use automation scripts. some bots do it all for
    you, no programing knowledge needed.
    it will check and if in stock purchase it, pay for it and done.

-Rock

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I think I'd rather score a thou SPPs or SRPs than shoot a big buck at this point...

I mean, what’s the going rate? I could trade a couple trays of either for a real nice 8 :lol2:

Going to need to be at least a B&C buck for 1k. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom