• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jan 16, 2011
    Towson
    So I was thinking of buying one of these.
    http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct876.aspx

From my understanding, only the handguards and stocks have fitting issues with stamped v. milled.

Does anyone know how much work is involved fitting furniture that was intended for stamped receivers? I have found a black stock for milled online but I would really want a handguard with rails like the the Tapco which isn't made for milled receivers.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    So I was thinking of buying one of these.
    http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct876.aspx

From my understanding, only the handguards and stocks have fitting issues with stamped v. milled.

Does anyone know how much work is involved fitting furniture that was intended for stamped receivers? I have found a black stock for milled online but I would really want a handguard with rails like the the Tapco which isn't made for milled receivers.

Theose AK are very nice for the price.

Midwest rails fit the gun. Forget the tapco forend. Put an ACE side folder if you want something different.

mikeat84

Aug 31, 2011
    I have replaced all the furniture on my milled receiver. your best bet is to go with a MI fore end. unfortunately the only place i found a stock that would work for a milled receiver is from a company called KVAR and you have to order them online(to my knowledge), they fit great.

GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC
    Its a Century.:innocent0

Yeah, it is. I was seriously considering this Century Polish 1960 model a few months ago. When researching, everything that I read says that it's actually very nice and far above your typical Century..

Atlantic also has this for a couple hundred more. Interarms does a very nice build, I hear:
    http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct1025.aspx

Personally, I'm on the fence between finding a nice milled AK or just getting a VZ-58...

Jan 16, 2011
    Towson
    Thanks for the help guys. I spent 2 hours last night trying to dig that info up. Its just what I was looking for.

Its a Century.:innocent0

I know I know, Century has a terrible rep but I had a chance to fondle it in the store. To me, the fit and finnish wasn't any different then the other AKs and the front sight was on straight which is my main concern from reading about WASRs.

I'm really trying to control myself this time and not play the "just $100 more and you can have" game all the way to an empty bank account. I've already worked my way from a glock to a WASR to this.:o

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    I would give it a try! I’m sure if you had any issue with the rifle that Atlantic would stand behind it. I've made several orders with them recently and I can say that the customer service was beyond what you find with most companies anymore. Give them a call and see if they give discounts to MSF members!
    :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom