• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    This is not my business (I train part-time and on a limited basis) and MDSP said my training certification doesn't suffice as G&S. When I posed the example of a driving instructor who's never driven in the state teaching new drivers, they said that's fine:eek:. That made it crystal clear that we're dealing with zealots and not rational adults, so the rules of reasonableness do not apply. I may reapply at some point, but, considering the goings on in Orlando, it might pay to wait a bit to see how far things go.

I'm in the same boat as you, I train part time on a limited basis as I am a full time Engineer; however I wrote a strongly worded justification and it worked. Don't beat the messenger just telling you what was successful for me.

have a great day.

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    Day 88 found letter in mailbox, after feeling the envelope I noticed a hard object, my permit, restrictions are normal per MD but I own 4 businesses and generally don't leave my house unless I am working, I am still appealing to HPRB soon

Nobody

have you gone through the appeal process yet? what all is involved?

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I'm in the same boat as you, I train part time on a limited basis as I am a full time Engineer; however I wrote a strongly worded justification and it worked. Don't beat the messenger just telling you what was successful for me.

Is your part-time biz an LLC, Corp or similar, or did you apply as a private citizen who trains part-time?

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    Is your part-time biz an LLC, Corp or similar, or did you apply as a private citizen who trains part-time?

no LLC, Corp, or similar I am listed as generally a instructor, and I file my taxes as such. I applied as an Individual but phrased it all in a way that it was for instruction purposes and for the equipment items I carry. I am considering appealing the restrictions on the grounds from my application is that I am still a possible target while not performing business duties.

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    MDSP said my training certification doesn't suffice as G&S. When I posed the example of a driving instructor who's never driven in the state teaching new drivers, they said that's fine:eek:.

tumblr_mf9c9m43xq1qbguy8o1_250.gif

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    I applied on line for an HQL, well I started and it asked for fingerprints number from Live scan, do I use the one from my permit or do I need new ones.

Mother ****** this State is confusing.

NOBODY

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    you can try. the number is usually only good for 30 days.

give it a try if you still have it

i am not sure prints are required if you have your permit.

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    I applied on line for an HQL, well I started and it asked for fingerprints number from Live scan, do I use the one from my permit or do I need new ones.

Mother ****** this State is confusing.

NOBODY

Do you have a W&C permit? You don't need prints, and there's no fee if you have a carry permit already. It took me less than 5 minutes to apply, and I got my card in less than 2 weeks.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Do you have a W&C permit? You don't need prints, and there's no fee if you have a carry permit already. It took me less than 5 minutes to apply, and I got my card in less than 2 weeks.

The online form requires fingerprints to process, unless you have a link for a different form

NOBODY

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    The online form requires fingerprints to process, unless you have a link for a different form

NOBODY

The system doesn't like my phone browser, so I can't verify, but make sure you selected HQL Permit Exempt when you start. It should prompt you to enter your W&C permit number. Too easy.

mjennys

Mar 7, 2016
    Halethorpe
    I am a DoD contractor and a couple of years ago there was a breach at the OPM office that exposed all my and my wife's personal info for my clearance. know we have a regular reporting of financial reporting and every time a registered sex offender who is living in our area. I also have a photography where I travel with thousands of dollars of equipment. Does not justify a conceal permit?

Thanks, Mark

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    The system doesn't like my phone browser, so I can't verify, but make sure you selected HQL Permit Exempt when you start. It should prompt you to enter your W&C permit number. Too easy.

I am a big dummy, I was using the TRAINING exemt not permit exempt, got it sent over.

NOBODY

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    I am a DoD contractor and a couple of years ago there was a breach at the OPM office that exposed all my and my wife's personal info for my clearance. know we have a regular reporting of financial reporting and every time a registered sex offender who is living in our area. I also have a photography where I travel with thousands of dollars of equipment. Does not justify a conceal permit?

Thanks, Mark

Not according to MSP. It has gotten worse there. Believe me.

Yellowdog

MDS Supporter
    Jul 4, 2011
    Columbia
    In today's mail was my permit, although it is restricted to conducting business as an employee of XYZ company. 91 days from cashing of check and 107 days from mailing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom