• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SKIP

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    Last year I purchased a good supply of subject ammo from SG Ammo.
    The Yankee that I am wanted to reload the duds in boxer primed brass.
    I have not been able to pull the bullet with a Kinetic hammer type device. I have not been able to see any forward movement.
    Any suggestions?

Attachments

• P1010021.jpg
      P1010021.jpg
      58.6 KB · Views: 291

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Sometimes a sealant will 'glue' the bullet in and using a seating die to just bump the bullet down a few thousandths will break the seal and allow the puller to move the bullet.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Collet-style bullet puller should do the job. More expensive, but they work. Good luck finding any during the current shortage though. Ebay is your best bet right now.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I have an 8mm puller that is like pliers, I forgot the name. you put it in your press w/o a die and grab it from the top then lower the ram.
    I used it on 600 rounds of heavily crimped Iranian 8mm where I pulled the components. I put some grip tape on handles so it does not hurt when you squeeze hard.
    I can let you borrow it meeting up at AGC during the week.

https://grip-n-pull.com/

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Strike the hammer against the end grain of a 4x4 or 6x6 block sitting on a concrete floor. Some of them come right out with 1-2 blows, others take 6-8 but every single one has come apart. I got the chinese frankford arsenal one that I have yet to break and I have had to hit that thing HARD to get some of the bullets out.

I bought 3 of the 'battle packs' from SG in 2019. 3 in 15 were duds, every other one hang fires. Down to the last pack left to break them down and save the bullet. They are magnetic at least :innocent0

jr355

Apr 21, 2014
    Fullerton md
    Instead of whacking them, place in vice and squeeze until you see movement. That's it, several can be squeezed at a time to speed things up.
    jimr

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    Strike the hammer against the end grain of a 4x4 or 6x6 block sitting on a concrete floor. Some of them come right out with 1-2 blows, others take 6-8 but every single one has come apart. I got the chinese frankford arsenal one that I have yet to break and I have had to hit that thing HARD to get some of the bullets out.

I bought 3 of the 'battle packs' from SG in 2019. 3 in 15 were duds, every other one hang fires. Down to the last pack left to break them down and save the bullet. They are magnetic at least :innocent0

I slammed it on an anvil as hard as I could. No movement.

8milimeter

RICHARD (dino)
    Feb 15, 2009
    Frederick, Md
    Pulling Bullets

Like a previous poster said.
    Use a seating die to seat the bullets .020 deeper.
    Then use any puller !

Any other technique will likely damage the bullet

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Down to the last dozen boxes of my inventory to pull the bullets. Got 4 more done tonight. Anyone else with this ammo finding the cartridges are really oily ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom