• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SKIP

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    I was breaking down 8MM duds and look what happened.
    I have searched the garage but unable to find the other half.

It was made by Quinetics Corp.
    I purchased this from Midway last century.
    I doubt it has a warranty.

Attachments

• P1010023.jpg
      P1010023.jpg
      76.1 KB · Views: 253

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Congrats! I see it as a badge of honor to wear certain things out!

Quinetics Corp is still around. Ping them to see what they say. I just bought one from them with the "improve" bushing and it works fine.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    My dad's did the same thing about 20 years ago. The design does require a good amount of force to unseat some bullets.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Never broke one but this is why I bought a collet puller for my press.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    I smack those pullers like they are consumables. Only broken one so far, and used a collet puller for fmj rounds. Collet pullers aren't great at gripping cast bullets so those get kinetic pulled.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    On prior recommendation I broke the seal.
    Tried numerous attempts that did not work then I pounded it until it shattered.
    I finally found the separated part.
    I will not attempt to dissemble any more Ethiopian 8MM.

Attachments

• P1010024.jpg
      P1010024.jpg
      41.5 KB · Views: 140

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Craziness.

On Sunday I finished off the last dozen boxes of 8mm, other than being oily every single one popped apart after 1-2 whacks. Some of the easiest to break down. The first batch I did last year was seated crazy tight in the case, 3-5 blows per round to get them apart.

Other than range pickups from the dud collection box that I break down for the bullet. I have no intention of ever buying surplus ammo again I don't care how cheap it may be again someday.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena

I'm sure you can just JB weld that back together, good as new!

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD

Idk if anyone mention this method, but I take it one step further on really stubborn de-mils. I find a metal pipe/tube that fits the diameter of the projectile and use it as a breaker bar to pry/warp the neck a bit until the projectile is coming loose from the neck. The lightest tap on the kinetic puller then finishes the job. The case can then be neck-sized as usual and all is good. Worst cast, the neck cracks, but atleast you got away with the projectile and maybe even the primer if you salvage those.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I smack those pullers like they are consumables. Only broken one so far, and used a collet puller for fmj rounds. Collet pullers aren't great at gripping cast bullets so those get kinetic pulled.
    That made me LOL!

A lot of folks talk about having issues and having to really get after it with their kinetic pullers. I know the recommendation is to smack it on a piece of wood or something, but I use the anvil of my bench vise - that big piece of cast iron is heavy so it won't give or flex, and the anvil is smooth. I've never had an issue with mine.

Mine is Frankford Arsenal branded, but I think most of the inexpensive kinetic pullers are likely identical except for color. In any case, at $15 I'm not going to worry about it too much. I spend more than that at Mission BBQ for food I'm just going to crap out the following day, so I think I can probably afford to replace my kinetic bullet puller if it breaks.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I've broken one in my life and it was a Lyman I believe. But it had been beat on the concrete garage floor A LOT in it's life. The hardest to pull bullets I've had have been the brown tip frangibles. They're super long so a bunch of surface contact to get through on the neck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom