• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    As Ken said, the last show opened at 1pm on Friday.

Since the page for this event says 3pm on Friday, right under where it says NEW HOURS in all caps, I think its very likely the 1pm you found by 'poking around' elsewhere is probably old info.

Work had thought it was a 1PM start this time, so I asked my coworker to call. They confirmed it’s 3PM just now.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    anyone go yesterday? I was curious how the prices of ammo were, and if they saw many older 22 rifles there ?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'm at the booth right now , and can't circulate .

Which Md dealers are here to do transfers ?

Sangel611

Feb 25, 2017
    July 23, 24 & 25, 2021

DULLES EXPO CENTER | 1,300 Tables
    ​1,300 TABLES
    100% OPEN!
    FULL OCCUPANCY!
    NO OCCUPANCY LIMITS!

​NO TIME SLOTS OR PUBLIC SESSIONS!
    DOORS OPEN BETWEEN THE BUILDINGS!
    TICKETS ONLINE NOW!
    TICKETS AVAILABLE ONSITE ALSO!

WELCOME BACK

4320 Chantilly Shopping Center
    Chantilly, VA 20153​​

NEW HOURS:
    ​Friday: 3:00 PM - 8:00 PM
    Saturday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
    Sunday: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Note: There is usually a section on various admission prices, but that is currently missing from the web page.

https://www.thenationsgunshow.com/

$1 off coupon here:

https://www.thenationsgunshow.com/coupon.html
    Thanks

crolfe1984

Enthusiast
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baltimore City, MD
    I went yesterday 4PM-8PM and can report on the following.

1. PMAGS: Gen 2 were going $10-$12p, Gen 3 were $14 per-$15p, and D-60 drums were $120-$140p.
    2. AMMO: 5.56mm was hovering around 0.50pr, 45ACP was 0.70pr, 9mm was 0.50pr, 7.62x51mm was about 1.00pr.
    3. One vendor had Lancer L5AWM 30s for $17.99p, most others were $20p plus
    4. SIG MPX mags were $55p on the low end, $75p on the high side
    5. Two vendors had factory AUG mags near $50p
    6. Plenty of CZ scorpion pistols to be found under $1k, but saw only one vendor w/ the carbine and they wanted $1700 for it.
    7. ONE B&T Station-Six for $3k - I think that sold
    8. ONE B&T APC9K for $2599
    9. Very cool FNX-45 (used) w/ threaded barrel, Trijicon RMR, and Surefire X200 for $1499
    10. H&K USC $1899 w/ bag
    11. H&K MK23 w/ KAC can for $5k
    12. Well used FN M249S w/ 3 barrels and Trijicon sight for $20k "negotiable"

A bit sad to see the invasion of more (than usual) cheap china import vendors and non-firearm tables. Plenty of AR/AK stuff, Glocks everywhere, 80% kits, and more, but if you're hunting for higher-end modern stuff this wasn't the show for it. Also, imported AR style "tacticool" shotguns were EVERYWHERE.

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    I went friday. Normal line at 3:00 pm. I waited until 3:30 and went right in. I left at 7:30 crowd thinned out around 6:00. Handloading supplies not much better than the last show. Ammo has come down somewhat. I spent under a $100. Firearms still on the high side. Some deals if looked hard enough. Very few metal military ammo cans. The man and lady from Ohio who sell paper targets TJ Target were not there at this and the last show. They always have a good selection and prices. They do have a website. Still had a good time looking at everything and talking with people.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    here now , very small crowd. walked right in. nice to see a full show of venders again . I was on the fence about going. glad I'm here.

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    I got there about 2 PM yesterday. No line at all. Small crowd inside compared to what I used to see. I didn't see anything that tempted me though. I was out in less than an hour.

epps1919

Aug 9, 2010
    SO.MD
    Picked up a pretty nice 1861 model Colt dated 1863 looks good but the main spring is missing for the lock. Got it for $500 can’t pass that up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

epps1919

Aug 9, 2010
    SO.MD
    5a95f0fa921568d7e71096205f565ca0.jpg

5ffa8f027122a49cc34d902556b94477.jpg

2d2f4287eaa803478d9914e0be6cd46a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Review of my first gun show- Chantilly

This past weekend's gun show at Chantilly was my first. Here is my brief review:

I arrived when they opened on Friday afternoon. There were lines about 20 people on the right side of the building. But, the lines moved quickly and I was inside in no time. Good thing too, because the sun was out and it was hot outside.

I went through each of the tables several time. There were lots of handguns out on the tables. Since I would have had to find an FFL, I was not in the market for a handgun. But there were certainly plenty. I did see some that I would have purchased if I didn't have to go through an FFL. I noted to myself that I will buy handguns when I visit the next show in MD.

There were plenty of long guns as well. I was interested in an AR15 and a shorter shotgun like the Mossberg 590 Shockwave. There were several Shockwaves from different vendors with $110 separating the least expensive to the most expensive. So, you definitely need to shop around. I did see very few pistol grip shotguns. I found one dealer who had two. The price was about $75 more than online prices. But, I'm not a fan of buying a firearm and having it shipped. Also, many online stores have a lower price but they are out of stock. Thus, since it was available and I was there I bought it. It is a pistol grip Mossberg Maverick 88 with a folding stock. It is my first shotgun and I will be using it primarily for home defense purposes.

I walked around to check out ammo and magazines. Ammo prices are still high but they had plenty. 9mm hollow points was $39.99 for a box of 50. 9mm FMJ ammo was $30 for box of 50. Still high in my book. Some had them more expensive. 12 gauge buck shots were $55 for 50 or $15 for 10. But some were selling them $200 for 100. Still too expensive. I can wait. Why buy and justify their prices I ask myself.

Magazines were plenty and better prices than what I've seen online. I bought 3 Magpul Glock mags for $33. I should have bought more.

They had a great display of knives, axes, swords and other weapons. I should have spent some time looking there.

All in all, I had a great time. It was definitely worth going and I plan to attend more. I just hope that the ammo prices will be cheaper next time. I'll probably check out more accessories next time like magazine holders, shotgun shell holders, and lockable cases. I'll probably check out the knives and swords next time too. If the show is in MD, I'll spend more time checking out the handguns.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    FWIW , there was a MD dealer at the show who could have handled handgun transfers . ie no shipping charges , just the actual y transfer fee .

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    One big dealer who wasn't there Trader Jerry's from VA. They set out over a thousand pistols and five to six hundred long guns. A t least that is what one of the salesmen told me. It is impressive just to look and see all of the different makes and models. They were there at the June show and every other show that I've been to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom