• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Great write up. They are both great looking rifles, but the Wildcat looks really neat, and interesting. I had a Ruger 10/22 and while I liked it, and it worked fine, I fell in love with the 15-22 and it's simplicity and likeness to the AR15. For accuracy, neither my 10/22 or 15-22 could compete with my Marlin 60, but the 60 is slightly more complicated to take down, clean, and load. The Wildcat does look promising, and I hope it works out well for you. I really like 22 rifles, and enjoy the diversity of different makes. I'll probably get another 10/22 one of these days, maybe now a Wildcat too.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Thanks for the feedback, gentlemen.

My absolute favorite 22LR rifle is hard to pick, as there are many great ones (10/22s, their clones, and lever actions are a ton of fun). But the Tikka T1x that I got a couple years back might be number 1 in my stable. Easy to handle offhand in the sporter stock, has a fabulous trigger, and shoots wicked tight groups off a bench. Great blend of form and function. I'm looking forward to the UPR version (designed for more precision shooting) when they release in the US.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    If you haven't tried the Ruger BX trigger in your 10/22's, you should. It makes a world of difference for not a lot of money.

High Q

Jan 16, 2009
    Fantastic photography, fantastic review. One of the best I've seen.
    Thanks!

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Tell you what; the 18" Wildcat is $210 on grab a gun. Show me a used 10/22 for that price. A new 10/22? Like $300. I got my 10/22 with a Bushnell fixed 4X32 scope and rings from Bass Pro for like $210 out the door in 2005. Makes me feel bad for new shooters. But this Wildcat is looking to be a great deal.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    Thanks for the feedback, gentlemen.

My absolute favorite 22LR rifle is hard to pick, as there are many great ones (10/22s, their clones, and lever actions are a ton of fun). But the Tikka T1x that I got a couple years back might be number 1 in my stable. Easy to handle offhand in the sporter stock, has a fabulous trigger, and shoots wicked tight groups off a bench. Great blend of form and function. I'm looking forward to the UPR version (designed for more precision shooting) when they release in the US.

True, Marlin 39, 10/22, Glenfield 60, Golden Boy, Rem 66, Rem 24 and Win 52...I have BUT I think the nod goes to the Glenfield by a nudge which is a budget gun. This doesn't necessary denote accuracy but most fun to shoot.

Truth is... I love them all.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Fantastic photography, fantastic review. One of the best I've seen.
    Thanks!

Thanks so much. If a gun is fun to shoot, it's fun to discuss and share with friends here.

Tell you what; the 18" Wildcat is $210 on grab a gun. Show me a used 10/22 for that price. A new 10/22? Like $300. I got my 10/22 with a Bushnell fixed 4X32 scope and rings from Bass Pro for like $210 out the door in 2005. Makes me feel bad for new shooters. But this Wildcat is looking to be a great deal.

That's a fantastic price. Tempted. Will go see if it's still in stock.

True, Marlin 39, 10/22, Glenfield 60, Golden Boy, Rem 66, Rem 24 and Win 52...I have BUT I think the nod goes to the Glenfield by a nudge which is a budget gun. This doesn't necessary denote accuracy but most fun to shoot.

Truth is... I love them all.

Neat. Had to look up the Glenfield Model 60. Attractive rifle and learned it was a popular Marlin model with a great rep. Apparently replaced by the 795.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I put a lightweight 3-9x scope on the Wildcat. Thought I updated this thread with the pic, but might have been elsewhere on MDS.
    ad12de48333a2fb82c92fb2f75d7d4f9.jpg

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Thanks so much. If a gun is fun to shoot, it's fun to discuss and share with friends here.

That's a fantastic price. Tempted. Will go see if it's still in stock.

Neat. Had to look up the Glenfield Model 60. Attractive rifle and learned it was a popular Marlin model with a great rep. Apparently replaced by the 795.

Not really a replacement. At the time, an addition.

Will be interesting to see what Ruger does nowadays though. Given their iconic 10/22, if they decide to produce either of the Marlin rimfire semi's? They'd seemingly be better off to keep the tubular mag and earlier production Model 60, and drop the later production box fed 795. Guess we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom