• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    Hey folks.

So, I was all geared up and ready to order a Henry Pump-Action in .22 Magnum; I've been drooling over one of these on Sportsman's Guide for a few months now, they're finally back in stock and I tried to order one. Turns out SG won't ship it to MD, presumably because of the magazine capactiy. :(

I was under the impression that it should still be legal from what MDSP's regulations say, but maybe I'm wrong; does the magazine size just automatically cancel out any of the other regs? If so, someone at MDSP really needs to learn how create procedural lists.

Attachments

• 20200723_022005.jpg
      20200723_022005.jpg
      28.5 KB · Views: 701

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I think the problem is that if you do a search for Maryland magazine capacity some sites don't distinguish between fixed, detachable, centerfire. They just list sate, max capacity.

cmb

Dec 28, 2012
    Conowingo MD
    Not having the ability to comprehend English in written form prevents sales like this. Midway refused to sell me a Ruger PC9 because of the threaded barrel. They read the regulations differently than how they were written. Got a better price anyway for the same carbine, LEGALLY sold to me, a resident of MD.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    As boss 94 said, all tube fed magazines are exempt. My Henry holds over ten rounds and I bought it about three years ago.

Ditto. even china mart sells those evil high capacity Henry's

Load it up with shorts and it holds even more! :omg: :lol2:

Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    I know I'm taking this too personally, but I'm really disappointed with SG over this. It's bad enough that Palmetto, CTD (though I don't shop there anymore) and others just flat out won't ship stuff here, nor listen when you try to explain it's legal, but this is just pure laziness. Granted, I do research for a living, but literally all they would have had to do is make one phone call. I guess the Frosh fear is real. :(

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I know I'm taking this too personally, but I'm really disappointed with SG over this. It's bad enough that Palmetto, CTD (though I don't shop there anymore) and others just flat out won't ship stuff here, nor listen when you try to explain it's legal, but this is just pure laziness. Granted, I do research for a living, but literally all they would have had to do is make one phone call. I guess the Frosh fear is real. :(

What you are experiencing is sadly commonplace. Been hashed out and about here many times.

There's the fact that some suppliers simply don't want to have to deal with, and flat out won't involve themselves with, Maryland's vast array of mind numbing and ******** regulations. "Their house, their rules" so to speak. Fine and fair, if that's their choice. But I'll tell you this. MY house has rules too!

So far as I am concerned, they'll sell me anything and everything that's legal to be sold to a resident of this state, or they won't sell me anything at all. There are enough enemies doing all they can to actively break it off in the asses of Maryland gun owners, without supply houses who should reasonably be allied with us effectively doing, if not exactly the same, then an effectively similar dry hole job. Aka "With friends like them, who needs enemies?" My opinion.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Mag restrictions only apply to semi automatic and centerfire.

This is not true.
    All detachable magazines are limited to ten rounds.
    Rimfire included. Bolt action, semiauto, everything.

The only carve out for the ten round limit is for tube magazine rimfires

Rimfires are exempt from the copycat restrictions

Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    Okay, so SG's redeemed themselves a bit, potentially!

I just got off the phone with one of their customer service reps, a nice lady named Cathy, for a separate issue. When I mentioned the situation, she offered to submit a form to have the policy looked at for future orders. Her guess is that the ordering department just did a blanket restriction on firearm orders to Maryland, but if the law specifically says tube-fed magazine rimfires are exempt, then she would let the powers-that-be know. I thanked her kindly and told her I totally understand why SG would want to be extra careful, what with overzealous AGs such as ours, but she stressed that if it's legal in our state, there's no reason there should be a restriction.

Whether this results in anything, we shall see, but after that call I'm hopeful.

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    Hey folks.

So, I was all geared up and ready to order a Henry Pump-Action in .22 Magnum; I've been drooling over one of these on Sportsman's Guide for a few months now, they're finally back in stock and I tried to order one. Turns out SG won't ship it to MD, presumably because of the magazine capactiy. :(

I drove up to the new Sportsman's Guide in Chambersburg, Pa today looking for a Tikka T1X (which they didn't have) and bought the Henry pump. I have a lot of 22 short ammo and had nothing to shoot it with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom