• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddtrain

Sep 19, 2012
    Carroll County MD
    New place opening on Main Street called Fat Enids. They should be open soon and their food is good.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    I recently tried Uncle Matty's in New Windsor because of this thread and was quite happy with my purchase. I'll be back.

As far as Chubby's goes, I used to go there a lot many years ago. It started to lose it's magic and I have not been back in several years. I'm eager to try it again based on this thread. In vaguely the same area, I'll mention that my dad loves Frontier BarBQ not too far over the PA line (in I think Fairfield?)

JimB

Apr 23, 2014
    Frederick County, MD
    You guys have me wanting Outlaw BBQ! I’m getting ready to make the 40 min hike and get some grub. Wife want to know what king of sauce they have. She wants baby back ribs.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    You guys have me wanting Outlaw BBQ! I’m getting ready to make the 40 min hike and get some grub. Wife want to know what king of sauce they have. She wants baby back ribs.

Did you go? I always get their regular and apple. Really like their apple. They used to have a blueberry which had some spice to it but I'm not sure if it is still available.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Was it clean? When I take the kids skiing I've been tempted to stop there several times but there are a ton of negative reviews online about how filthy the place is so I've avoided it. We ski every weekend during the winter and it would be nice to have something relatively fast with decent food that the kids will eat and and of course a place where my 5yo can inevitably "GO POTTY NOW! #2 DAD!" before we get to Liberty.

As far a dining in Westminster, I have a customer up there that we take out to lunch 2-3 times a month. We have been pretty much to every non-chain restaurant in the area. IMO O'Lordan's is the best. Rock Salt is well executed but I don't really care for their menu. My customers like the sushi place "Sakura" and usually order that big canoe full of food. I have no idea what is in it. We also hit the BBQ place by Coffee Music on Main Street and Papa Joe's Mexican. Both of the italian restaurants in town Libertori's and Paradiso, are mediocre at best.

If I'm up there and end eating by myself I always go to O'Lordan's on Main St. The affiliated restaurant across the street, Johannsons, is terrible; beautiful building, but the food is really unimpressive.

The bakery on main street is great if you have anyone allergic to gluten, other food allergies, or have some other "vegan" requirement etc.

It wasn't sparkling clean. Having kids, I know a bathroom trip can be an ordeal. As a man, I just walk in stand, go, wash. Kids, all over the place, touching everything, sitting, etc. Not the cleanest bathroom in the world, but useable for an older guy. O'Lordan's is great. I never had a service problem at Johannsons, but agree the food isn't worth the premium pricing.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    New place opening on Main Street called Fat Enids. They should be open soon and their food is good.

I stopped by there a few weeks ago before they opened while my daughter and I were at the mall. They had the menu up, and all new appliances, place looked good. The owner came out and gave us a menu and spoke with us, she seemed really nice. I meant to try it last weekend when they opened, but got sidetracked since my wife is recovering from surgery and can't eat that type of food yet, but I WILL get there.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I stopped by Fat Enid's BBQ in the Westminster Mall this evening around 6. It seems like they got a little overwhelmed. We got there at 6, and they were pretty much out of food. I wanted to try the pulled pork BBQ but they were out, so I got the BBQ brisket. I was the last customer of the day, as they shut down right after I ordered. It was a little disorganized, but to their credit, the owners were great, and MORE than made up for the inconvenience. The owner came out to the table I was sitting at and spoke directly to us, and to be honest, my brisket was really good. I will definitely be back, probably earlier in the day though. Usually the mall is dead, but evidently they drew a pretty big crowd. Also, DoorDash is not working, so don't use that for now. They had a few DoorDash runners show up to pick up orders, and they never got the orders. They said they tried contacting DoorDash about it, but they haven't resolved it yet. The owners are really nice, and the food I had was good, I am going to try the rest. I loved the BBQ sauce, a smokey sweet mix, not too hot, or too much vinegar. They also have desserts, which I can't speak for because my wife, and my daughter snagged the cheesecakes, and liked them. I really hope they gain their footing and do well. They are where Flamers used to be, across from the old Villa Pizza.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Apparently Pub Dog is putting a kitchen in their tap room (finally) and will do the same pizzas and salads that they do at their other locations. Really good personal-sized pizzas. They say they hope to be serving by November.

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    Apparently Pub Dog is putting a kitchen in their tap room (finally) and will do the same pizzas and salads that they do at their other locations. Really good personal-sized pizzas. They say they hope to be serving by November.

Plus they’ll be serving wine and liquor. It’s bound to change the vibe of the place. I’m there a couple days a week (it’s 5 minutes from my house), and am just holding out hope it doesn’t turn what has been a nice quiet bar where I could talk with familiar faces over sumbeers, into a loud place where you can’t just walk in, get a seat among friends, and relax, like it is now. There just isn’t room in the small taproom, for a dining area for families that’s separate from the bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Anniversary lunch at Maryland Mallet.

I had the Captain's platter, and my wife had the club wrap (crab cake + shrimp salad).

Good, but not great. Friendly, and efficient service.

mallet 1.jpg

mallet 2.jpg

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Plus they’ll be serving wine and liquor. It’s bound to change the vibe of the place. I’m there a couple days a week (it’s 5 minutes from my house), and am just holding out hope it doesn’t turn what has been a nice quiet bar where I could talk with familiar faces over sumbeers, into a loud place where you can’t just walk in, get a seat among friends, and relax, like it is now. There just isn’t room in the small taproom, for a dining area for families that’s separate from the bar.

I don't think it'll change the vibe too much. The restaurant and bar in Columbia is definitely bigger inside (probably 3-4x as much) but I've never been there and not been able to get a table or seat at the bar, and that's with a much greater population than Westminster.

Also, it's not like there's a kids menu or anything. And the fact that pizzas are one size only means most parents won't be shelling out $ for a pizza for each kid.

My go-to is the Dog Pound with a set of bloodhounds to wash it down.

Aaaaand now I need to grab my growler and head up there before the weekend.

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    Good to hear your perspective, I hope it works that way. I’m here now enjoying an Oktoberfest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    I had pulled pork and the wife had baby back ribs. wasn't bad it just wasn't that good. I like Black Hog much more.

I love the pork there. Never tried the ribs admittedly. Maybe it was an off day unfortunately

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    Anniversary lunch at Maryland Mallet.

I had the Captain's platter, and my wife had the club wrap (crab cake + shrimp salad).

Good, but not great. Friendly, and efficient service.

Very hit or miss there. I've had more misses than hits unfortunately

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom