View Single Post
Old October 27th, 2020, 08:44 PM #3072

It was my experience when I applied 3 years ago that the OPM hack wasn't enough. I did my one-on-one after being denied and was further denied. I got it overturned at the Handgun Review Board but it was a fight because I "only" had a secret security clearance. What got me through with the board was my continued employment with DAF and knowledge of "secrets" with regard to warfighting equipment and work in a SCIF for part of my duties coupled with severe back injuries including bolts and metal holding me together (inability to fight/run). I spent a lot of time explaining that secret clearances cover a lot of ground and the job I was performing could easily have been rated TS, and that I supervised more than one person that actually had the TS. Also produced letter to all members from the General identifying known threats to watch for. It was not easy. Point is, the State Police couldn't have cared less that the bad guys had my and my family/friends' information from the OPM breech. I was stunned. After going through the entire process, it took a year to get through all the wickets and receive my W&C. My best advice is to be prepared -- the OPM breech is not enough, or at least it wasn't 3 years ago. Good luck.
Chiefscs is offline   Reply With Quote