• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Good luck finding a confederate flag in Gettysburg.

Is that something new?

I haven’t been in years but I bought a very high end stars and bars and battle glad and s Stars and Stripes up there years ago

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Maybe not blanks?
    We went to a reenactment in Fredneck a few years ago. In addition to the yanks and rebs cannons, the MDNG had a 105 on display.

The boys were trading shots across the fields, and the Guard decided they wanted to play.....fired a couple of blanks across their field of fire!!!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    If you burn a flag and nobody is there to see it , or to show it then did they ever burn it .

I am tired one side making a ridiculous statement and the other side getting all jacked up . This chit is getting old and maybe they won because they can burn whatever they want ...To the limit of what I have worked for , and my community .

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Is that something new?

I haven’t been in years but I bought a very high end stars and bars and battle glad and s Stars and Stripes up there years ago

In 2015 when the thug Dylann Roof displayed a confederate flag in a photo the National Park Service, in its effort to be PC, decided to ban the sale of all confederate flags in all NPS stores.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Do they understand their hypocrisy??

Can we goto CHAZ and burn a LGBT flag w/o them throwing shit fits?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Who needs them? There will be plenty of CW Re-Enactors in town for the 4th and the Anniversary.

Yanks on one side, Johnny Rebs on the other with the Antifa Assclowns in the Middle.

At the ready, musket blanks and roman candles.

Commence Fire when the HMFIC Assclown strikes match or flicks his Bic.

Bike locks v. bayonets.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Was on a phone call today with a Civil War enthusiast who states he has "my finger on the pulse of Gettysburg" and stated that the NPS is suspicious that this is a false flag announcement to get other organizations riled up for the purpose of turning the agenda around.

The question to ask is, "does ANTIFA ever advertise their rallies or events in advance"? I'd look at this with a grain of salt.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    Gee, I as it turns out, I am off work that day. I have always wanted to go there to see the monument to the unit that my 2nd great-grandfather served with.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    What regiment?

4th New York Cavalry. They have a monument there, even though they never entered Gettysburg. They were picketed in Manchester and then Westminster and gave chase as the troops headed south. Didn't even find out about them staying here until I had been here for 20 years.

bmkoenig

4th New York Cavalry. They have a monument there, even though they never entered Gettysburg. They were picketed in Manchester and then Westminster and gave chase as the troops headed south. Didn't even find out about them staying here until I had been here for 20 years.

Cool. That's an easy monument to find. It's very close to the Pennsylvania monument. If you come you should also take a side trip and visit the Monterey Pass battlefield in Blue Ridge Summit. It's about 15 minutes from Gettysburg. The 4th NY Cavalry fought in that battle.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    If it is on NPS controlled public land and a group of 25 or more, they must have a permit and be in the "First Amendment Rights Exercise Area." Aside from what feelings are for so-called first amendment zones it is imperative that the Dept. of interior be held accountable to equally enforce such regulations for all groups including those that are anarchist and will not engage in the permit process. One might feel inclined to cal the park or elected representative to make sure these regulations are upheld. Here is the NPS Gettysburg regulations with the first amendment zones shown in a map at the end.
    https://www.nps.gov/gett/learn/management/superintendents-compendium.htm
    Here is the regulation:
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/36/2.51

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    Cool. That's an easy monument to find. It's very close to the Pennsylvania monument. If you come you should also take a side trip and visit the Monterey Pass battlefield in Blue Ridge Summit. It's about 15 minutes from Gettysburg. The 4th NY Cavalry fought in that battle.

Thanks much for the information. Looking at their list of battles and casualties, it looks like they were only in about 100 different places during the war. :)

https://dmna.ny.gov/historic/reghist/civil/cavalry/4thCav/4thCavTable.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom