• Sprinfield Hellcat

Votes: 34 16.7%

• Total voters

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    I'm interested in buying a micro 9mm handgun. Currently I'm considering a Glock43x, Sig 365, or a Hellcat.

I see a lot of Hellcats being resold and I'm wondering if people generally don't like it after trying it out? I think I'm confident in ruling out the Ruger max 9.

I'm looking for input from people who have owned a couple of these or all of them at one point.

Or

If you have found an issue that should rule out one of the choices.

XJ.Cherokee

Jan 5, 2021
    Harford county
    Not a Glock fan, so I'll leave that one alone.

I handled both the hellcat and 365, the trigger on the hellcat was super gritty. Ended up with the 365.

Which has been a fantastic pistol. The only thing I changed was swapping out for a flat trigger. For some reason, the curved one was beating up my finger.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Second + for the 365. Don't forget the smaller you go, the more felt recoil there will be, that's probably why you see any small 9mm for sale. I also agree the P365 factory trigger is a little lacking. MCARBO flat trigger is on my desk, but the 365 its going into is still at my FFL. As a carry gun there isn't much slicker or smoother out of the box than the SAS (Sig Anti Snag) option, but you have to get used to the idea behind the flush sight.

#2 has a factory ported barrel. I'll give a range report on whether I feel much difference between the ported and standard after I get it.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Second + for the 365. Don't forget the smaller you go, the more felt recoil there will be, that's probably why you see any small 9mm for sale. I also agree the P365 factory trigger is a little lacking. MCARBO flat trigger is on my desk, but the 365 its going into is still at my FFL. As a carry gun there isn't much slicker or smoother out of the box than the SAS (Sig Anti Snag) option, but you have to get used to the idea behind the flush sight.

#2 has a factory ported barrel. I'll give a range report on whether I feel much difference between the ported and standard after I get it.
    I have the MCARBO flat trigger as well. Maybe I’ll put that in today.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Given my limited experience with SD carry guns, I'm not a big fan of ported barrels on them. You never know from what position you will be firing from.

My 2cents

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    IMG_4231.jpg.d81dc0afbd96b5c9296883facd1f0947.jpg

maybe this

-Rock

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I like my Kimber Micro 9...small, reliable and accurate for its intended purposes. BTW...MidwayUSA has them on sale right now in several versions. Here's targets from the first time I tried it...seven yards...
    Micro9-target.jpg

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Have the Glock and the Sig. The Glock has been retired to hidden drawer emergency grab status. I’ve spent time shooting a friend’s Hellcat along side my P365. Highly subjective. I have large hands, so for me - ergonomically - the Sig wins, no question. I wouldn’t hesitate to carry any of the three, but have stuck with the P365.

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    I have both the 365 and 365xl in my hands they are very accurate out to reasonable self defense distances. I have put >1000 rounds through each with no failures to feed or eject. Recently added an LCP-max into the rotation for when I need to pocket carry.

For those who can carry look at the Philster Enigma system. It had made carrying in scrubs, sweatpants, shorts much easier. Also, I find I can carry with tighter fitting tucked dress shirts.

Leeann

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2011
    Edgewater
    I really like my P365 SAS. The factory trigger doesn’t bother me at all, plus I’m not a fan of flat triggers, so I’ll stick with curved.

I love the bullseye sight on the SAS - I can acquire it instantly, it’s bright in any light (or lack thereof) and there’s nothing that can snag on clothing or the holster.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    I have the Sig and 43x. The 365 is a fine gun and I consider the 2 as equals, but I prefer the 43x (with SA 15 round mags)

Hibs

Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    S&W Shield? Pick your poison there is like 20 different versions now. I’d buy a Shield Plus if I was in the market for a micro 9.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    The 365xl is a great gun, know several people with them. I think the trigger on the taurus GX4 is much better. It is almost the exact same size. Its also about half the price. Haven't shot one yet, but I will soon. I'm sure the TORO version will be along soon enough, if you want a red dot as well.

Jroc

Nov 26, 2019
    White Marsh
    I love the P365 …going to grab the 365x next. The 43x is solid but it’s a glock. The hellcat is my least favorite far too snappy for a 9mm imo.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    I really like my P365 SAS. The factory trigger doesn’t bother me at all, plus I’m not a fan of flat triggers, so I’ll stick with curved.

I love the bullseye sight on the SAS - I can acquire it instantly, it’s bright in any light (or lack thereof) and there’s nothing that can snag on clothing or the holster.

That is a very cool concept. I would be reluctant to commit to it without trying it out first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom