• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GBear

Mar 16, 2021
    Baltimore
    Hello. I am 44 year old black male from Baltimore County. I recently received my HQL and bought my first handgun. I purchased a handgun for home defense and did not have a clue a the world I was entering. I have been introduced to the topic of 2A and was blown away. The fight to maintain our constitutional rights, for me, supersede race, color, creed, gender, etc. and any other divisive tool that the powers that be use to keep us separated. I am proud to be a part of this community, I wish I would have discovered it earlier, and I want to say thank you in advance for all of the things that I’ve learned from this forum in a short amount of time and all of the things I will learn in the future. Thank you.

May 21, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Hello. I am 44 year old black male from Baltimore County. I recently received my HQL and bought my first handgun. I purchased a handgun for home defense and did not have a clue a the world I was entering. I have been introduced to the topic of 2A and was blown away. The fight to maintain our constitutional rights, for me, supersede race, color, creed, gender, etc. and any other divisive tool that the powers that be use to keep us separated. I am proud to be a part of this community, I wish I would have discovered it earlier, and I want to say thank you in advance for all of the things that I’ve learned from this forum in a short amount of time and all of the things I will learn in the future. Thank you.

Welcome to the forum!!

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    No, thank you. The more people who see the light like you described, the better.

Welcome!

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    You're damned right it transcends all those things. Our freedom we value so much is truly colorblind unlike those who constantly accuse us of being a bunch of old racist white guys who hate anyone who isn't like us

Welcome aboard

IronDuck

MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2021
    Frederick ish MD
    Great to have another 2a supporter and member of the forum. Welcome, gotta warn you though, you probably cant buy just one! Once you have the bug and realize the fun. What started as home and family protection quickly becomes a hobby and passion.
    Be safe, get as much training and practice as you can and enjoy.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

Great first post (although it won't be shown in your post count as no posts in the Introductions forum add to this number). Welcome to a community unified in the defense of civil liberties, particularly the right to keep and bear arms.

Btw, if you haven't had much prior experience with firearms, I would be happy to take you to one of the outdoor ranges in Frederick area that I'm a member of.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes

GBear, this perhaps one of the best damn introduction in this thread. Great 1st Post now get your 50 so you can join the Water Cooler and really enjoy our camaraderie and fellowship.

Welcome to MDShooters :patriot::mdpatriot:patriot::mdpatriot

Roksfr

Ardent Safety Training
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 14, 2020
    Southern AA
    Welcome! Following up on IronDuck- you purchased one for home protection, then you will discover that you need another for target shooting, then your wife needs one, so she can go to the range with you. As he also said, don't forsake good training, HQL was the basics. Have you tried shooting Trap over at Loch raven? You'll need a shotgun, maybe an over and under? It is a wonderful journey, with some of the best quality people that you will ever run into. Enjoy the journey!

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Welcome from Delaware. By the way, don't listen to the addicts on here. Ask me first. I may give you better tips on which guns you should own. :lol2:

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Welcome from Hoco ! Enjoy yourself and be forewarned this forum will lead to them multiplying and costing you money !

Also, always amazed at the level of knowledge on this forum. Many members across many topics willing to provide some great info and advice.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Man I stink at reading... I have a bad habit of skimming intro posts. I caught "44", "black" and "first handgun" before I went back and actually read what you wrote. I was really afraid some poor new shooter had gone Dirty Harry. Reading is fundamental...

Welcome aboard GBear. I'm glad you've found us and I hope you find some good training resources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom