• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike_mds

Oct 11, 2020
    Ceciltucky
    SAAMI video on fire and LARGE quantities of ammo.

My only problem with the video is I cry as they burn over 500,000 rounds of perfectly good ammo. :sad20::sad20:

I was thinking the same thing. Can you imagine how much it would cost to do this video today???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlj427

Sep 28, 2020
    Very interesting video and really expensive at today’s prices. It is a shame it will never be seen by the Hollywood types.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I’m an ammo sexual. I prefer many different calibers and multiples. I need a safe space. I identify as both 10mm and 40SW.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    So I have piles of empty case, bullets, cans of powder, molds, lead, powder paint and primers. I have no huge ammo stock pile. Nothing to worry about Karen, head back to your HOA board.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    WRC-TV channel 4 is teasing a story during this afternoon's (May 5) 4:00 pm newscast about the ammo shortage's affect on police training and qualification. I guess I'll DVR itm to see how they handle the issue.

Quoting myself, 'cause I saw the story.

Ch 4 did a reasonable job. They talked about the changes in the White House and Congress, January 6 at the Capitol, unprecedented NICS checks, noobies buying ammo, long-time gun owners stocking up, manufacturers stamping out ammo like crazy and, wait for it, the idea that this will last at least 18 more months. Ugh.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Saw a news story on CH-9 last evening about ammo shortage. The lead off was a Liberal stating that we should not be storing large amounts of ammunition and we should be limited in the amount we should have. Then they lead into the story about why the shortage which was factual. They did have a gun advocate on to explain there are no Federal Laws to limit ammunition storage and the BATF does not track ammo sales. :innocent0

I have no interest and less that two Fs to give in what non-shooters feel are reasonable limitations on ammo purchases or storage. It's like saying one baseball is the max amount for a game. A walk off HR in the first and the game is over by that line of reasoning. I'm usually just getting warmed up with 50 rds/caliber/range trip. I would love to hear their rationale for what would be proposed as "reasonable" limits.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I have no interest and less that two Fs to give in what non-shooters feel are reasonable limitations on ammo purchases or storage. It's like saying one baseball is the max amount for a game. A walk off HR in the first and the game is over by that line of reasoning. I'm usually just getting warmed up with 50 rds/caliber/range trip. I would love to hear their rationale for what would be proposed as "reasonable" limits.

Well said! Nor do we pretend to opine on how much yarn a knitter should have, how many needles a tailor should possess, or shovels a gardener should own, or arrows an archer should have, etc., etc., etc.!

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Well said! Nor do we pretend to opine on how much yarn a knitter should have, how many needles a tailor should possess, or shovels a gardener should own, or arrows an archer should have, etc., etc., etc.!

LOL... My better half took up knitting for about grand total of 6 months a couple of years back and stopped shortly thereafter. I may or may not actually have an opinion on that one (she has a concurring opinion). Wonder if there is a place to donate extra yarn.

TangoSierra27

MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2017
    FOREST HILL
    These individuals will never stop their attacks on use. I store my ammo exactly the same way the Marine Corp does. It is safe, cool, dry, and in US Military ammo cans locked in safes. So they can just shut up as far as I'm concerned. They will make any small thing an issue if they can. Have been seeing an easing in ammo supply and price once Remington came back online, hopefully all calibers will be back in full stock.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    TP hoarding chaps my ass. That stuff is wicked flammable. Can't believe people have piles of it in the same spaces where children play. TP hoarders should be required to build a fireproof storage facility away from their residence, and have it periodically inspected (without prior notice) by the Fire Marshall and Child Services. You're not opposed to safety for the children, are you?

^ I dig the way you game! :lol: :thumbsup:

Drown ‘em in their own sht!

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    The moron antis should tell the illegal drug dealers not to store so much illegal drugs. Then see what the criminal illegal drug dealers have to say them! Apply the same logic to the illegal drug dealers!

Kmic14

Slimy Member
    Apr 17, 2020
    Baltimore City
    TP hoarding chaps my ass. That stuff is wicked flammable. Can't believe people have piles of it in the same spaces where children play. TP hoarders should be required to build a fireproof storage facility away from their residence, and have it periodically inspected (without prior notice) by the Fire Marshall and Child Services. You're not opposed to safety for the children, are you?

LOL thanks for my noon comic relief

Do they want me to have enough 9mm ammo so I can only load two magazines at a time? do they want me to buy a box of ammo at the range every ten minutes? As was stated prior, I have no interest in the opinion of someone who doesn't know about firearms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom