• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inspector1489

Ultimate Member
    May 27, 2016
    FL panhandle
    After many years of hoping to leave this hellhole, the time is finally here! :party29: We plan to be gone within a few months...so things we aren't dragging with us have gotta go.
    I will post up some photos in the classifieds soon, just haven't had the chance yet. I'm putting this here in case there is any interest, I'll be happy to provide details...just send me a pm.

Some of the items we have are:
    *matching sofa and loveseat
    *antique oak washstand
    *oak dining room set (table w/4 self storing leafs, 6 chairs, and a hutch.
    *oak wall unit
    *I sold my Harley a few years ago, but I have a leather motorcycle jacket, vest, Double H 10" harness boots and factory pipes for a 06 FXDi35 w/slip on Screamin' Eagle's
    *more to come as we sort through it.
    Thanks!

MRH

Never sell your sword
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 5, 2020
    Chesapeake Bay
    Very happy for you! May the best of your past be the worst of your future! Congratulations!!!

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Pick a song appropriate to the place you're moving to and have it blaring with the windows down when you cross the border. For me it was Sweet Home Alabama with a one finger salute out the window as I crossed the Potomac.

david0715

Sep 14, 2020
    Congratulations on your exit from the Maryland tyranny. Wish it were me leaving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    We've already bought in an undisclosed (a free State) location. Moved furniture in and are using it as a vacation home until my current lease is up or I can sell my practice... Currently working on the latter...

Inspector1489

Ultimate Member
    May 27, 2016
    FL panhandle
    I appreciate the comments everyone, and we will definitely keep all of you detainees in our thoughts when we escape the gulag.

But first - we haven't found the new digs yet - and for those that haven't been paying attention, the real estate market has been NUTZO for a while. Even hotter in the area we want to go...Florida. The panhandle specifically, or South Alabama as some call it. Not only are prices thru the roof, when a property hits the market it gets multiple offers and is gone in a day or two.

(Bolts - that's a great idea, I'll have to give it some thought. Suggestions anyone? "Pick a song appropriate to the place you're moving to and have it blaring with the windows down when you cross the border. For me it was Sweet Home Alabama with a one finger salute out the window as I crossed the Potomac.")

Our place here (La Plata if anyone is house hunting down this way :rolleyes:) should sell fast. Inside the town limits, just a few blocks north of the Charles County complex, walking distance to Safeway, Target, Gun Monkey, etc, etc, yada, yada. A little slice of heaven on earth :innocent0 :sad20:.

I'll update as things change - in the meantime, help me get these things sold! I've got 3 ads in the classifieds and more to come. Much appreciated :thumbsup:

Outerlimits

Feb 21, 2009
    Port Tobacco/Cape Coral Fl
    Congrats on your escape. We loved Port Tobacco, it was hard to leave.
    We started out going back and forth to a home in SWFL that we bought as a vacation home. The more we visited our vacation home......the less we missed Port Tobacco. Eventually we decided we were moving for good. Best decision we could have made. Still love SOMD, have family and friends their. Lots of great memories hunting and fishing and boating. But the area changed.......a lot.
    Most of the friends and neighbors that came down to visit ended up moving too. Its and adjustment....but well worth it.

Inspector1489

Ultimate Member
    May 27, 2016
    FL panhandle
    I don't have any move news to share, but our prep work continues!

My earlier listings in the classifieds have expired, but here are a few more things that need to go. Please pm me with questions and I can provide photos:

Frigidaire 16.7 cu ft upright freezer, 20 yrs old but works great - $100

Whirlpool 14 cu ft refrig/freezer, 12 yrs old, runs fine. Not ready to sell (still in use) but asking $100

Old school metal teachers desk, 3 drawers and a slide out tray - $25

Bolen's BL100 gas weed eater, it stopped running so maybe a carb rebuild? $15

Homelite chainsaw and misc chains, it was a 14" but now has a 16" bar. Last time I used it, ran ok. Maybe something worth fixing to use or parts, $15

Fish tank, stand and misc. accessories $100

A couple golf bags, pull cart and misc. clubs $?? no idea, make offer

I'm sure there will be more to come...thanks :party29:

Texas solo

Mar 5, 2021
    Still love SOMD, have family and friends their. Lots of great memories hunting and fishing and boating. But the area changed.......a lot.

Same here. I miss the MD outdoors. Many hunting & fishing memories. First child & first home purchase.
    But as time passed. & the Liberals got too stupid, it was time to go.
    Texas was great for 10 years, but the crime in San Antonio was getting bad. When they built section 8 housing just down the street from us we left. Hello Alabama.

Inspector1489

Ultimate Member
    May 27, 2016
    FL panhandle
    SOLD! For anyone looking, I posted a 24' extension ladder in the classifieds today. SOLD!
    More stuff to come!

Move update:
    Our search - mostly for resales - has ended with us writing a contract for a new home. Long story, but with the market as it is now, resale homes that we're interested in are all receiving multiple offers --- and everyone knows how that ends. Build time will keep us in MD into next year, unfortunately :tdown:

Last edited:

Inspector1489

Ultimate Member
    May 27, 2016
    FL panhandle
    Our home here went on the market last Friday. Many showings over several days, and we're now under contract. Still have some hoops to jump through (home inspection and buyer financing approval), but we're confident those boxes will get checked. Buyer is military coming from California, and we're happy about that, too!

We need to find a rental near Pensacola for a few months, and if all goes as we hope with the sale we'll be outta here by 1 Nov.
    Can't wait :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom