• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Would this be a "good" reason when completing the online W&C application?

Reason for a Handgun Permit (Be Specific):
    -For all legal purposes
    -I am a business owner.
    -I receive fees from my clients directly during business hours and off hours.
    -I also receive fees by mail.
    -I deposit funds in a variety of accounts in person by physically visiting bank and brokerage offices.

Thanks!

Stick with the business owner since that is granted an unrestricted permit under the current policy, don't bother with "for all lawful purposes" since they do not recognize it as a reason.

mtcstle

SK, CISSP, PMP, FFL, CCW
    Nearing the finale

My W&C permit moved from “Pending” to “ Accepted for review” on 02/04. About seven weeks later, I emailed to ask if someone would advise me what to expect next. I did receive a reply, from a person, within two days. It was, however, carefully worded so as to avoid my inquiry and somewhat dismissive, in tone. That was about a week ago.

Fredcohunter

Nov 30, 2008
    A little west of Frederick
    I received an email today that my application had been reassigned to a new investigator. I am suppose to wait up to 30 days for the investigator to contact me, if I am not contacted after 30 days I am to email the investigator. It included the investigators name and email address. My Application was accepted on 2/26.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Stick with the business owner since that is granted an unrestricted permit under the current policy, don't bother with "for all lawful purposes" since they do not recognize it as a reason.

Sorry for the delay in responding. Somehow I missed this...anyway, thank you for the guidance. Now if the class I registered for would get re-scheduled.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    I received an email today that my application had been reassigned to a new investigator. I am suppose to wait up to 30 days for the investigator to contact me, if I am not contacted after 30 days I am to email the investigator. It included the investigators name and email address. My Application was accepted on 2/26.

Was it the initial or renewal application? Thanks

spitfire481

Mar 31, 2012
    Glen Burnie Md
    Had an informal review to have restrictions removed on March 3rd. Got the email last week that my request was approved. Yesterday in the mail received a letter stating my permit modification was granted. The envelop right behind that one had the new card in it. Great, except it’s the same damn card I already have with the same restrictions instead of the “no restriction” card it was supposed to be. Frustrating it takes so long to make a change, then to have to deal with it again to have it fixed

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Just got an email saying they’d “reached a final disposition” on my renewal. Had to sign on to the web site and dig to see that it was the expected no-restrictions renewal approval. Took over a month for some reason. Hopefully will see the updated physical permit shortly.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Meant to update this sooner, sorry. So, got my "final disposition" email (indicating the completion of the process - in my case, a renewal) on 4/2, but it took until 4/9 for me to receive the physical permit in the mail. So, they're running a little slower at every step of this (as I recall, my initial permit was received 48 hours after I was approved). Still, under the circumstances, at least they're still getting it done.

Fredcohunter

Nov 30, 2008
    Had my phone interview earlier this week. references contacted same day. Standard questions that have already been listed. Wanted proof of banking activity in Maryland which I emailed that day. Just waiting now to see how long it takes to move from background investigation to final disposition.

pleez

Feb 17, 2020
    It was an initial app. I received an email yesterday that my status had changed form "application accepted" to "assigned for background investigation" and my assign background investigator would be contacting me. It appears the applications are moving.

Had my phone interview earlier this week. references contacted same day. Standard questions that have already been listed. Wanted proof of banking activity in Maryland which I emailed that day. Just waiting now to see how long it takes to move from background investigation to final disposition.

Any updates? I just got my email stating it's been reassigned to a new investigator. Rather quick in my opinion, I applied on 4/8.

Yellowdog

MDS Supporter
    Jul 4, 2011
    Columbia
    Submitted my modification on 4/6. Was just notified that it has been approved and to expect the permit in 5-7 days. So, call it 30 days total. Seems like a reasonable span of time with everything going on right now. Also, as I was changing from a business employee, with restrictions, to a business owner, without restrictions it may have required more time? My last mod, a few years back,only changed which company I worked for, took about 2 weeks.

foyscott

May 12, 2015
    Submitted my application yesterday and sent payment today, now we wait. my step dad got his permit about a month or so after he submitted. cant wait to buy my rights from the state.

Fredcohunter

Nov 30, 2008
    Quick update. Email of final disposition received 3 weeks 1 day after interview. Permit in had 6 days after final disposition email.

My experience with the process and the investigator wasn't bad. The process is slow for sure and the best advice I can give is provide the info they request and keep the communication professional. I firmly believe that if you can legally own a firearm you should be legal to carry said firearm but unfortunately that is not our reality in Maryland.

foyscott

May 12, 2015
    Quick update. Email of final disposition received 3 weeks 1 day after interview. Permit in had 6 days after final disposition email.

My experience with the process and the investigator wasn't bad. The process is slow for sure and the best advice I can give is provide the info they request and keep the communication professional. I firmly believe that if you can legally own a firearm you should be legal to carry said firearm but unfortunately that is not our reality in Maryland.

How long was your process start to finish?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom