• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    For those that are on the fence I will be setting up a kissing booth.

Well, that worked.

I'd been planning to attend, but now I think I'll stay home
    :)

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    :party29:

There might even be some friendly folks to talk to...for folks who are into that sort of thing :innocent0

Personaly, I think my family has been doing it wrong. :o We've fallen into the habit, despite all the hate lumped onto Timonium, of at least one of us walking out with a rifle almost every time...especially when South Carroll is there:D

We plan to be there...:D:D

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    One reason is that Maryland gun shows have a reputation of having a lot of non-gun miscellaneous stuff being sold. While this happens at all shows, it is more prevalent than shows in PA or VA, for example.

Just as a wild estimate, say your typical show at York or Gettysburg has 70% of the tables filled with firearms and firearm related stuff, and the other 30% are T shirts, fudge, beef jerky, homemade jewelry, stun guns, military surplus clothing, etc.

A Maryland show is closer to say, 60%/40%, or even 55%/45%.

So less selection of what you actually go to see, and you can't buy normal capacity mags.

On the other hand, if you're looking for a handgun many of the out of state dealers don't want to bother transferring through a MD FFL, so the numbers actually available for you to buy are more equal than it would appear.

But whatever. I think its worth $7 anyway to walk around and look at interesting stuff and support local dealers.

Some truth here, there is typically a fair amount of non-gun stuff at shows anymore. Maybe a little higher percentage at MD shows, most likely due to less gun vendors/dealers to do shows in general. Most out of state actual dealers wont do MD shows anymore because they dont want to risk running afoul of any MD laws (cant blame them).
    There is alot to be said for some of the comments in this thread, support for your local vendors goes a long way (especially right now) the people who choose not to spend a few dollars to get in and walk around and maybe just chat with people will be the same ones complaining when shows are a thing of the past.
    Also, maybe not everyone knows this but there are people who are'nt on MDS that go to MD shows... I know (gasp) shocking right, these people come to look and buy too. Some people on here seem to think they speak for the entire community when they say what shows they will/wont attend or when they dont find the "purple unicorn" they just have, and so "that" show sucked...LOL

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    As I have been saying for a long time. I you don't support these shows, there will be no shows to support. If you live nearby, go if lines aren't crazy.
    Timonium is the show folks love to hate on.
    Between AJ's kissing booth, the Doc's Digital exams and a chance to argue with RD in person, what's not to love? Seriously, go if you can. Just don't expect a Chantilly sized show.

Last edited:

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008

Attachments

• 1B6CF005-CBC1-4AEE-8D3A-73FC82C43E0D.jpeg
      1B6CF005-CBC1-4AEE-8D3A-73FC82C43E0D.jpeg
      20.2 KB · Views: 450
    Maybe, but if you wanted to check out 10 or 12 vendor's stock in person rather than look at pics online, how much time would you spend driving around Maryland to do that?

It all depends upon what you're planning to do and what you're shopping for.

I have been able to find everything I need online with the exception of small rifle primers. (I did get a brick from Shydas yesterday while up that way for work) I heard the horror stories from friends who went to the show in Virginia over the weekend.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'll go out on a limb, a predict a Better than usual show at Timonium . Previous shows had a fair amount of unsold tables , but with the pent up demand , and being the first post Zombie show IN Maryland , I'm expecting more patrons and vendors .

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    As I have been saying for a long time. I you don't support these shows, there will be no shows to support. If you live nearby, go if lines aren't crazy.
    Timonium is the show folks love to hate on.
    Between AJ's kissing booth, the Doc's Digital exams and a chance to argue with RD in person, what's not to love? Seriously, go if you can. Just don't expect a Chantilly sized show.

:thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

Why would anyone turn down good times with friends? :shrug:

Or the chance to meet sundazes?

And you get a chance to support the MSI group. They are fighting for YOUR rights in Maryland and the SCOTUS. How long of a line will you have to stand in if THEY are not supported to the point that we lose what rights we do have.

And then there is the old self defeating logic... "No one goes there anymore... the lines are too long to get in." :rolleyes:

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I'll go out on a limb, a predict a Better than usual show at Timonium . Previous shows had a fair amount of unsold tables , but with the pent up demand , and being the first post Zombie show IN Maryland , I'm expecting more patrons and vendors .

The last several shows have been progressively improving... That much is a fact. And with the uptick in sales of guns and ammo... I suspect that this one will be a good place to be. ESPECIALLY... if you happen to have a long gun that you are aching to sell for a good price in a buyer rich venue. It IS a sellers market right now.

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    The last several shows have been progressively improving... That much is a fact. And with the uptick in sales of guns and ammo... I suspect that this one will be a good place to be. ESPECIALLY... if you happen to have a long gun that you are aching to sell for a good price in a buyer rich venue. It IS a sellers market right now.

What has been better about the Timonium show since the last one I went to about a year ago?

(Serious question....lure me in!)

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    What has been better about the Timonium show since the last one I went to about a year ago?

(Serious question....lure me in!)

There hasn’t been any since last year. IIRC... The March show was cancelled.

My statement was about shows over a period of several years. Right after 2013... the shows fell off and lost a lot. But over the last three years... were improving. Then COVID happened.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    :thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

Why would anyone turn down good times with friends? :shrug:

Or the chance to meet sundazes?

And you get a chance to support the MSI group. They are fighting for YOUR rights in Maryland and the SCOTUS. How long of a line will you have to stand in if THEY are not supported to the point that we lose what rights we do have.

And then there is the old self defeating logic... "No one goes there anymore... the lines are too long to get in." :rolleyes:

You’ve met him, you’re trying to convince people to go....

:lol:

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    The timonium shows haven’t been that bad. They’ve been better but they’ve also had times where they were worst. I’m going but I don’t expect to find any ammo deals (which is fact for any show) but there are plenty of guns to fondle
    My biggest fear is the wait to get in. I’m still recovering from the Dulles show trauma

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I guess I'll drop in for my Saturday pm shift at MSI. Seems to me if you kept your Vendor badge from the pre-Rona show it's still good to get in with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom