• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    I come across a bunch of them scrounging for rifle/pistol brass and are easily sorted out because they are mostly magnetic. I don't reload shotshells nor do I plan to in the future and most of it winds up in the bin because they take so much space.

If there is someone wants them, I'll start saving them in a 5 gallon bucket rather than binning them. A humble trade for some rifle/pistol once fired brass/reloading supplies would be much appreciated, but not necessary. I just want to have them put to good use.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    They need to be sorted as to maker and whether integral base wad or separate base wad.

Typically, Winchester AA hulls, and the Remington integral base wad hulls are worth something. Most others are not.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    12 gauge? People will just take gun club hills littered on the ground and dumpster dive for them aside from just buying some new hulls @8 bucks a box or whatever the price is now.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Yeah, I edited that out because it didn't make sense but if I had something he needed but I didn't that would be cool

But otherwise it still makes no sense to buy 12 gauge hulls. Just adding to the conversation if he was looking at the trash can and then at his hulls

Yeah, I edited that out because it didn't make sense but if I had something he needed but I didn't that would be cool

But otherwise it still makes no sense to buy 12 gauge hulls. Just adding to the conversation if he was looking at the trash can and then at his hulls

I removed it. He is a good guy and likely doesn't want the stuff going in a trash can if others can use it.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    They need to be sorted as to maker and whether integral base wad or separate base wad.

Typically, Winchester AA hulls, and the Remington integral base wad hulls are worth something. Most others are not.

Always looking for AA's (mainly old style but new could work)
    Remington Nitro's, STS's 12ga.

-Rock

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD

Interesting, I know close to nothing about shotshell reloading. Any references and suggestions on shotshell valuation is crucial information for me. I'll keep a lookout on those winchester AA hulls and integral base wad hulls made by Remington.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    Always looking for AA's (mainly old style but new could work)
    Remington Nitro's, STS's 12ga.

-Rock

Great, I'll keep a lookout on those. I'll start throwing all the shotshells i get in a separate bucket rather than the bin and report back to you if I find any AA's once i get to sorting it.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    You won't find a lot of people throwing away quality hulls.

Either someone they are shooting with will take them. Or they will save them to use or sell.

I traded a big bag of AA hulls for a Marlin Camp Carbine a number of years ago. At a gun shop. I think they gave me 4 cents per.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    You won't find a lot of people throwing away quality hulls.

Either someone they are shooting with will take them. Or they will save them to use or sell.

I traded a big bag of AA hulls for a Marlin Camp Carbine a number of years ago. At a gun shop. I think they gave me 4 cents per.

I hooked my buddy up with someone selling 5500 OLD style AA’s a couple of years ago. Only $100! I don’t shoot 12 ga anymore was the only reason I didn’t buy them.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yes ! I am starting up to ( finally ) load 12 & 20ga , and have slim 12's and no 20's , so I'm open at least initially for " other hulls " in addition to the Premium Trinity . Particularly in need of 20ga 3in . ( I'm intending for for specialized buck, slug , and hunting shells outside the cliche weights and shot sizes , not mass producing typical clay shooting loads .)

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Great, I'll keep a lookout on those. I'll start throwing all the shotshells i get in a separate bucket rather than the bin and report back to you if I find any AA's once i get to sorting it.

Thanks... I know they will be hard to come by as most don't "throw" them
    away or let em sit. Had a ton of OLD AA's years ago...but they didn't seem
    to make the last move, trash bags of them.. Guess they did go out as trash,
    don't know, a friend sent me a box of them about 5' high and about 2' square,
    have the components from years / decades ago..Lost interest in reloading 12ga.
    all together didn't shoot that much Trap & Skeet anymore, so it sat. Got the bug
    again about 2 years ago. Had to get some hulls, only had a few. Managed to pick
    up some PW presses 800B, 800C, and a 900 last year for almost nothing.Get bored
    with the mettalic stuff, so reload 12ga.;););)

-Rock

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom