• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    PA 5 years v. MD 3 years

When I got my PA NR permit, they reminded me that, b/c theirs is for 5 years, and MD is for 3, if you fail to renew the MD license, you are supposed to mail in the PA permit until the MD license is current again.

Sig_Shooter

Aug 10, 2017
    Has anyone been told by a PA sheriff office that they only issue non-resident permits to MD permit holder if the permit is "unrestricted". I own a business and mine has "valid while conducting business as owner of ...." printed on the back. Lancaster and Delaware county refused to give me a permit.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    When I got my PA NR permit, they reminded me that, b/c theirs is for 5 years, and MD is for 3, if you fail to renew the MD license, you are supposed to mail in the PA permit until the MD license is current again.

Making up Law. Read this thread. https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=213485

Has anyone been told by a PA sheriff office that they only issue non-resident permits to MD permit holder if the permit is "unrestricted". I own a business and mine has "valid while conducting business as owner of ...." printed on the back. Lancaster and Delaware county refused to give me a permit.

Go to a different county. York, Read above post, or Adams...

DadOSix

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 25, 2013
    Allegany Co.
    Anyone ever tried this in Bedford or Somerset counties?

I am looking at a piece of property up that way.

Much closer run for me.

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA

Use York. I mailed my application in and got a call to come pick it up within a couple of days. It took me longer to park and get through security than it did to get my PA permit.

DadOSix

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 25, 2013
    Allegany Co.
    Anyone ever tried this in Bedford or Somerset counties?

I am looking at a piece of property up that way.

Much closer run for me.

And the verdict is Bedford county is GTG. In and out in 20 minutes!

Eta - note - times are 8:00 am to 3:30 pm

Last edited:

Dizzle

Jan 27, 2018
    If you are not a resident and you don't currently have a concealed carry permit at all what counties can you get a non resident concealed carry permit from?

jtaldow

www.mises.org
    Jan 28, 2018
    Montgomery County, MD

yeah this exact same thing happened to me in Delaware County last year.

PaxEtBonum

Jan 22, 2019
    I walked in and out of Adams County Sheriff's office this past week with my non-resident permit in less than 10 minutes. I think I was in shock for two days at how easy the process was.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    http://www.pafoa.org/counties/ is a somewhat current list of different counties' policies, some of which are complete blocking and some of which are 10 minutes.

I got mine in Berks County (Reading, Pa.) in 10 minutes applying in person. I showed them my DC carry, and my DC DL. They did not take prints. Seemed like a NICS or similar check and they printed it and handed it to me. I went with a pal to a satellite county office in Berks on the way to the great outdoor show, and the printer was busted so they got it by mail two days after applying in person. so pretty quick either way in the right county.

DrewQ1

Mar 9, 2016
    Everyone says if you have a MD W&C you can apply for the PA NR. What if you have a VA W&C permit? Can you apply for a PA NR permit?

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Just to make sure, PA does not recognize any VA permit, resident or nonresident. Actually, PA does not recognize any nonresident permits from any other state, but they will issue a PA nonresident only if you have the permit from your state of residence. Nonresidents can go to any county sheriff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom