• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I turned a bunch of gift cards into a Rossi R92 in .357 magnum 6 or so years ago. The 16" blued carbine. LOVE IT. I think a .44mag would have been just as fun. I spent about 12 hours polishing internals and replacing some parts with aftermarket offerings to make it what I wanted it to be. Added a leather wrap. It's very slick, and surprisingly accurate. Also the trigger was excellent out of the box, which I was not expecting.

I also have a Henry case hardened edition 45-70. Less handy with its longer barrel but tons of fun still. It's not quite what I want it to bet yet. Probably going to need to add some Skinner sights or something to really get what I want out of it.

I added skinner sights on mine and it made a world of difference.

PIC just because. :D

Attachments

• 7B1F54C9-7C8A-4297-B6AB-C8FEFFB49609.jpg
      7B1F54C9-7C8A-4297-B6AB-C8FEFFB49609.jpg
      143.1 KB · Views: 358

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Henry Big Boy 44 mag. Original with full length barrel, small loop and brass receiver.
    Have only put about 100 rounds through it. Kind of nervous to shoot it and scratch it up.

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    Got one (Henry 44MAG) that my brother is holding for me in CA which was my father who passed few years ago.

Since I'm the oldest, It will be in my hands soon as I have a son. More reason to follow the family line.

SCPODRP

Jan 27, 2020
    Yup... Marlin 45-70 guide gun. I really like the size, weight and action, but I don't use it much since (I think) it's a little too much gun for our local game.

Dec 26, 2011
    Stanley, VA
    Ummm, I only have a Henry .22 Mag lever w/octagon barrel and bead front site. I REALLY like that rifle because it is dead-on accurate. If I were to search for a centerfire lever, Henry would be one brand I would surely research. 'Just sayin.

OldSchool1959

MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel County
    Rossi 92 .38/357 in 16" and a 1965 Winchester 30-30. I've had the Rossi for about 7 years and reloaded a bunch of brass from my revolvers for it. It shoots great but the action is not what it will be after I get done tuning it. I'm actually going to put it on the bench and get after it this weekend. I've been putting it off but this thread reminded me that it's time. The Winchester was my dad's that he bought when we moved to Fairbanks, Alaska in 1965. When he got transferred from Cape Canaveral to Gilmour Creek, AL the NASA folks who had lived up there for a while told him not to bring the family up without at LEAST a 30-30. Thank God he never had to take on a momma moose with it as I think he practiced with it at their range one time. It's a fine, non-collector condition piece that spent most of its life in a quilted rifle case until I inherited it 4 years ago. The original box of ammo with 5 rounds missing was kept along side. Since I became its keeper, I've only put 25 rounds down range after I went through it and checked the internals. It has substantial sentimental value for me.

tkummer23

Feb 8, 2017
    Henry Big Boy

Recently bought a Henry Big Boy 41 mag What fun to shoot. Bought it to match up with my Ruger Blackhawk in 41 cal. Lots of opinions on the 41 cal but love having a revolver and lever action carbine with same caliber. Heading to SC on a wild boar hunt with the 41 at teh end of March. 210 grains at 1560 fps. Will let you know how it works out!

DP12

Apr 24, 2018
    SoMD
    I picked up a .357/.38 Henry Big Boy All Weather (stainless) a year or two ago. Had some issues, sent it back to Henry, they massaged the chamber and it's been flawless since. Same as others have said about their lever guns, it shoots very accurately even with steel sights and is a real hoot.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Had a Henry with the steel receiver in .357 Magnum/.38 Special for a couple of years. Lovely rifle. If Henry comes out with a side-loading rifle in that caliber, I'll buy one. Lever guns are nothing but fun. :)

Get your wallet out. The new X series has a side loading 357/38spl.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Winchester 94 30-30
    Mossberg 464 SPX 30-30
    Mossberg 464 brush gun 30-30
    Rossi 92 stainless 357
    Henry 22LR
    Henry H009 30-30
    Henry H009 All Weather 30-30

Love them all!

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    Always loved levers and SA revolvers ("too many" cowboy movies as a kid). First gun I asked for was a lever action Red Ryder BB gun (NOT because of Ralphie) when I was 6. Took 2 years of begging. Have a Winchester .30-.30 and a Henry .22. Plan to add something in .38/.357 and .22 mag at some point. Can't help with the accessory question.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I have a few though not all have been fired...

Marlin Model 39-A and Winchester 9422...

Marlin 1894S .44 Magnum...

John Wayne 100th Birthday Winchester...

Winchester "Duke" Commemorative...

Winchester "Teddy Roosevelt" Carbine...

Winchester "Teddy Roosevelt" rifle...

Taylor & Company 1892 "Rio Bravo"...

I never tire seeing these. Beautiful collection.

Recently bought a Henry Big Boy 41 mag What fun to shoot. Bought it to match up with my Ruger Blackhawk in 41 cal. Lots of opinions on the 41 cal but love having a revolver and lever action carbine with same caliber. Heading to SC on a wild boar hunt with the 41 at teh end of March. 210 grains at 1560 fps. Will let you know how it works out!

41 Mag lever - so cool! :)

The above velocity sounds like handgun numbers. I suspect it will be trucking (maybe 2100-2300 fps range?) out of a rifle.

41 Mag ... the caliber that I keep trying to resist :D

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    Get your wallet out. The new X series has a side loading 357/38spl.

As soon as I can get my hands one one of these I’ll be broke. I have the Big Boy steel in 357/38 SPL, large loop, 20” barrel and I shoot it more than any other gun I own. I have a 100 yard range at home and it’s a pleasure to shoot.

I have a Skinner peep sight on it and it’s wonderfully accurate at 100 yards in. The factory threaded barrel on the X is a game changer for me, I’m pumped they put it in production.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom