• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    The Coalition Against Prejudice, in association with the Carroll County Democratic Central Committee (ccmddemocrats@gmail.com) presents -
    On Saturday, August 1st, 2020, CAP is asking Carroll County and our neighbors to join us in marching in Westminster in support of The National March for Black Lives. Remember to wear a mask and to social distance. The march will have 2 starting points. Choose the one that is most convenient for you.

Group A will meet at Dutterer Park at the corner of Winters St. and Monroe St at 11:45 AM. The march will leave at 12 PM sharp.
    Group A - Dutterer Park 2.5 miles total: This is the full route we will follow. https://goo.gl/maps/5jwjMTKTKfvJpdpS9

Parking: Dutterer Park has a large parking lot off of Monroe Street. Parking is also allowed on the side of Monroe Street.

Group B will meet at Bishop's Garth Park which is near the intersection of S. Center Street and Stoner Ave at 11:45 AM. The march will leave at 12:00 PM.
    Group B - Bishop's Garth Park 2.3 miles total: this is the full route we will follow. https://goo.gl/maps/JPtU7tjFNsQZtD4r6

Parking: The Bishop Garth Park is on the corner of Center and Stoner. Parking is allowed along the side of Stoner Ave. There is also a large parking lot at the Westminster Senior Center (125 Stoner Ave) that is a short distance away.

Timeline:
    12 P.M. Marches leave starting points
    12:25-12:30 P.M. Both groups arrive at library. Wait for all to get organized, then continue march on to City Hall
    1 P.M. Arrive at City Hall Emerald Hill
    1-3 P.M. Rally
    1:10-3 P.M. Speakers

If you are older then 60 or have health issues please exercise extreme caution or consider staying home. Your good health and continued support in this fight means more to us than your attendance at a single event. Facebook Event Page

From the CCDCC:
    A sincere Thank You to those of you who made a donation to the CCDCC already! Your generosity makes the fight for our community and country possible - no exaggeration.
    We are in the process of securing a location for our fall headquarters, so be on the lookout for more info. Please consider a Donation to the CCDCC so we can defeat Trump in November. Checks made out to CCDCC can be mailed:

Carroll County Democratic Central Committee
    PO Box 2004
    Westminster, MD 21158

We have Biden and Raskin yard signs for pick-up or delivery. Just email us at ccmddemocrats@gmail.com. As soon as Mia Mason's signs are available, we will let you know.

As you may be aware, Governor Hogan has ordered a full in-person election in November. If this makes you feel uncomfortable, here is a link to the MD State Board of Elections website to request a mail-in ballot for November:

<link redacted>

Be aware, you will need a MD Driver's License or similar MD ID. It is a bit cumbersome with something like 10 or 11 steps, and it can be a bit confusing because it is also used for registering to vote. Stay with it, and you'll be fine.

Here are links to the individual campaigns, if you want to support these candidates:

Joe Biden for President
    Carroll County for Biden on Facebook
    Mia Mason Congressional District 1: To receive her newsletter or to volunteer, visit her website. We are way overdo to replace Andy Harris!

Mia Mason for Congress
    Mia's Facebook page (for all her upcoming events)
    Jamie Raskin Congressional District 8:
    Jamie Raskin for Congress
    Jamie's Facebook page and his Congressional Facebook page
    Laura Morton Circuit Court
    Laura Morton for Judge
    The Patriots Resist rallies continue every Saturday from 1pm to 2pm, across from the Westminster Public Library on Main Street. Bring a sign and spread the love!

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Well I just emailed the link asking for a dozen signs. Make good paintball targets. We should all request some. It’s our civic duty to recycle. Wonder how many mail in ballots we can get?

Attachments

• 99CB84CE-03EA-4594-9E94-7F5CE00B1EBA.jpg
      99CB84CE-03EA-4594-9E94-7F5CE00B1EBA.jpg
      25.5 KB · Views: 1,944

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    Well I just emailed the link asking for a dozen signs. Make good paintball targets. We should all request some. It’s our civic duty to recycle. Wonder how many mail in ballots we can get?

So is it ok to be comfortable with an in person rally now but be uncomfortable with in person voting in November?

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Carroll County Democrats and BLM protestors? That ain’t a local thing, these folks are being transported in from elsewhere. It might be good to get a few photos of the dismal turnout to show how each of the “movements” are failing. I doubt it will be a good day to have a nose ring, Biden t-shirt, purple hair and skinny jeans.

It is scary though to know that there are DemoRats walking freely among us in Carroll County. I suppose they’re now coming here for a better way of life because they flat-out ruined where they used to live.

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011

Do the Biden signs stay up on their own or does someone need to stand by to prop them up?
    Asking for a friend.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Do the Biden signs stay up on their own or does someone need to stand by to prop them up?

Asking for a friend.
    Curious as well. They'd make good targets if they are yard signs. I'd gladly request some!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I think they should put their money where their mouth is and march down North Ave (from 83) down to Bel Air Road. It’s too easy to march to Cranberry Mall and reeks of privilege.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    So is it ok to be comfortable with an in person rally now but be uncomfortable with in person voting in November?

I’m all for in person voting. That way I make sure my ballot is counted. For this last local election I believe Fredneck County had maybe two in person voting locations and three ballot drop off locations. The drop off boxes were in Urbana behind the library in the dark and on Montevue Lane at the dark corner of the voter registration building.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    Carroll County has democrats?

I give this county 10 years, maybe 15, since Howard is so expensive, the left leaning folks will move on in.

I hope I am wrong...

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Asking for a friend.

I've been working on a house in Pikesville, on a street lined with million dollar houses off Stevenson Road.

There are several Biden signs and three Black Lives Matter signs on that street. One guy also has some virtue signaling glurge announcing how tolerant he is.

I was thinking today, if you post a BLM sign in your yard, does it have to stay there permanently? Do you dare take it down, ever? Only a racist would remove a BLM sign.

Sirex