• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Javo-J10

Dec 26, 2016
    Hanover, PA
    Ok, just making sure. I know theres no recip with VA and PA...Just have to make the time to go up there now.

Probably doesn’t need clarification, but just in case...it’s my understanding that a PA resident’s PA permit is honored in Virginia, but not vice versa. In light of the current shenanigans in VA government, I wouldn’t be surprised to see that change.

DrewQ1

Mar 9, 2016
    Just to make sure, PA does not recognize any VA permit, resident or nonresident. Actually, PA does not recognize any nonresident permits from any other state, but they will issue a PA nonresident only if you have the permit from your state of residence. Nonresidents can go to any county sheriff.

I know PA wont recognize VA for reciprocity but your saying they wont recognize it for a NR Carry permit either? I had planned on going to Berk or Adams County next week.

VA will recognize PA though

bigmanindc

Nov 3, 2018
    DMV
    I know PA wont recognize VA for reciprocity but your saying they wont recognize it for a NR Carry permit either? I had planned on going to Berk or Adams County next week.

VA will recognize PA though

PA only has reciprocity with select states that only issue permits to residents. To apply for a NR PA permit you must have resident permit in the state you reside in.

DrewQ1

Mar 9, 2016
    Going up to Adams County Friday morning....I called and they said they can issue NR permits to VA holders as long as I have a permit for VA.

usmctankmech

Feb 5, 2013
    Manchester,MD
    I downloaded the form from the York County Sheriffs website and mailed them a check. I was notified that my permit was ready in 2 weeks or less and had to go an pick it up. I allready had myuh MD CCW at the time so everything is good. Tou need MD CCW first before PA will approve Application.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Took the trip to the York Courthouse yesterday, It was painless and professional. Definitely recommend them.

TD

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    What did it take... all of 20 minutes...? It took me longer to find a parking spot...

Fredcohunter

Nov 30, 2008
    A little west of Frederick
    Got mine in Gettysburg last week. Entire process from application to appointment to pick up permit was about 2 weeks. Actually picking up the permit it took longer to park for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vmc_jap

Aug 5, 2012
    Hey... question for usmctankmech & miles71... the York County form/instructions does not say anything about pictures... do they need the pictures? If so, do they take them?

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    You are quite welcome... the young blonde female... assuming she was a sheriff... that took my picture was quite the looker... not sure if she is still there as it has been a few years. Just sayin'...:innocent0

vmc_jap

Aug 5, 2012
    I picked up my PA permit in York. It was quick and easy, just as advertised. There were Many out of state (like me) getting it.

offroaD

Jun 1, 2011
    I read the law on the PA.gov website. Based off that and what I’m reading on here there’s no way to get a PA CCW is you don’t have a MD CCW? MD isn’t shall issue so this sucks...

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    I walked into Adams county. I walked out 20 minutes later with my permit.

Adams is only doing pickup by apptmt only right now. Figuring that was the case, I mailed in my paperwork first. Took only 10 days to get an approval letter back from them (and that’s with any USPO delays). Scheduled my apptmt to physically go get it in the near future. Not too shabby for Covid turn around times. In contrast, VA posts on their web site that they are taking 5-6 MONTHS to approve non resident permits right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SharpShoooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 21, 2020
    Folks make it seem like PA is super easy to get. Well I currently have MD,VA,DC, and Utah permits. Applied for PA because its only $20 total charge, no fingerprint charges or class charges needed. Well, they denied me. Said I was "undetermined". Asked them what that means, and they refer me to State Police. Called state police, and they told me to call ATF????? Mind you of course you need to have a valid permit in your state, and I sent them a copy of it with my application. Still denied. I had to appeal the decision with PA state police. I won. Then I had to do a full re-apply to Sherriffs office, who then sends it back to State Police for another background check,that they just approved..... Full 2 months to get my permit. Well not quite just yet, I have to go to Adams county to get it this week. I live in Maryland

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I recently started seeing someone in Hanover so I find myself spending more time up there. I like wearing protection and I feel essentially naked without. Do I need to take passport photos or anything with me when I apply?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom