• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rangeman

Mar 1, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    Saw something about this on the News this morning. Thought that problem was resolved with upgrades? Does this still happen with SIGs built with upgrades?

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I happened to see that on ABC news this morning as well. It's old news and Sig took care of the problem some time ago. ABC must have needed something to take the attention away from Biden and his disastrous Presidency.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    The original issue had to do with drop safe. The trigger was upgraded to resolve that issue.

There is supposedly a second rare issue with them going off in holsters.

Rangeman

Mar 1, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    The original issue had to do with drop safe. The trigger was upgraded to resolve that issue.

There is supposedly a second rare issue with them going off in holsters.

Read that dropping (maybe bumping) may causes issue. Saw the SIG video of the upgrades done to resolve this issue

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    Biden and ABC are very concerned that the "TalleyBonn" got some of the defective pistols in their gift crates. They are asking Sig to airdrop in the upgrades so none of these austere scholars gets hurt.

missedthebarn

Jan 1, 2021
    Never shot a P320, so hard for me to even speculate. How does that trigger compare to/differ from a 226 for example? Dunno.

What isn't speculation though, is that some of the mentions made and the lawsuits being filed are by cops.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3d4gw/sig-sauer-handguns-p320-trigger-lawsuit-police
    Honestly depends on which model setup you run. I prefer my legion to my 226 but the stock 226 has a much better trigger pull than my original nitro LE model.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    P320 is nothing like a P226 . Striker vs ( most commonly ) DA/SA ( or a cpl rarer options , still hammer based ). Apples v Oranges .

The relevant questions would be P320 vs Glock , or M&P , or misc Striker gun .

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Anyone else find it suspicious that all of these mysterious "accidental" discharges keep happening to LEOs and not the multiple thousands who who use them in competitive shooting or just your average Joe Blow's EDC?

I know of two occasions that an officer in a DMV agency claimed that "the gun just went off" and upon investigation was discovered that it just didn't happen that way. I just saw yesterday in my news feed that a female officer in a Texas agency claimed that her service 320 fired on it's own (and shot her in the leg) while it was in her purse.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Anyone else find it suspicious that all of these mysterious "accidental" discharges keep happening to LEOs and not the multiple thousands who who use them in competitive shooting or just your average Joe Blow's EDC?

Not really. Competitive shooters and your Joe Blow citizens aren't generally subjecting their guns to the same wear and tear that a street cop does. My gun/holster would bang into stuff all day long. Hitting the B pillar as I get into my car, hitting the center console, chair arms, walls, the ground during a fight etc. Then you add the dust and dirt, rain and snow, etc.

That's a lot more banging around than your average person. Things happen overtime in the internal components.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Not really. Competitive shooters and your Joe Blow citizens aren't generally subjecting their guns to the same wear and tear that a street cop does. My gun/holster would bang into stuff all day long. Hitting the B pillar as I get into my car, hitting the center console, chair arms, walls, the ground during a fight etc. Then you add the dust and dirt, rain and snow, etc.

That's a lot more banging around than your average person. Things happen overtime in the internal components.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

I'm on construction sites every day and other than fights (which I have not seen as a cause of the discharges) I'll see your banging in and out of a car and raise you laying down on your dominant side and drilling into concrete above your head. Still no holes in my leg.

And also what you described above are not what has been alleged to be the cause of these discharges. What I have seen alleged is that a shirt touched the gun, it went off in my purse and it went off in the holster, etc...

Are you seriously telling us that the abuse that a service weapon takes makes a SIG discharge but not Glocks or other manufacturers?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    In the early days of the Glock Era , AD's were a big thing in the news and within LE circles , to the effect of " OMG we're / they're having X hundred % more Ad's than we did before ! " .

Part of it was that for many of them , they had transitioned from revolvers , and the " round in chamber " thing was virgin territory . Part was a couple of Glock specific little quirks .

Part was " constant pull striker fired " as a class vs DA Revolver ( or lesser extent DA/ SA autos ) . Typically upon cumulatively thousands of times of reholstering , a shirt tail , jacket drawstring , holster safety strap that holds shape precurled , or whatever will get fouled inside the triggergaurd . This type of thing also happened with DA Revolvers ( or earlier DA/ SA autos ) , but would require pushing down against 10-12 lbs of extra resistance for longer distance instead of 5.5 lb for short distance . So more likely to end up with bullet in leg or butt .

It varies , but LE/ Corrections / Armed Security / etc have to unholster & reholster if not unload & reload frequently , depending upon rules of agencies and specific facilities . The risks are low for each time , but the more often more people do so , the odds of raw numbers kick in .

Rangeman

Mar 1, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    Sounds like Operator error. I guess the Upgrade resolved any drop-fire. A while back (before 320's were made) we learned not to wrap our finger around the trigger when removing a striker-fire from the holster. Also, how important it was to buy the right Holster. Yes, don't let clothing or anything snag on trigger.
    I don't carry, but I guess with the right Holster you won't "push" the trigger if you bump into something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom