• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I thought about a bolt action, specifically something like the Ruger Precision Rimfire or maybe the new Christensen Arms Ranger 22. I know I am Mr Action Shooting Enthusiast around here, but I do precision and ELR rifle work when the opportunity comes up (including a Kestrel class this Sunday at PNTC), and I don't own a 22lr bolt gun right now.

However, I ultimately decided against it because I wanted to get him interested in steel challenge and so on, and I feel like a semi-auto is more appropriate to that. I agree that if we were talking pure shooting technique and minimizing the need for really working the rifle beyond the bolt, I'd go with the bolt gun. But I think he is going to develop faster as a shooter with the semi, because it will force him to get better with administrative handling and learn shot-to-shot sight pictures.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    I prefer Henry 22 it is lever action and shoots shorts, longs and long rifle shells. Guaranteed for life

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Best stock with the shortest trigger LOP for juniors wanting to shoot the 10/22 is the Blackhawk Axiom stock. An AR type stock in the rear with a standard adjustable stock piece and a front that is similar to regular 10/22 stocks, plus its made out of plastic which reduces the weight. The trigger guard is jammed right up to the front of the grip. Add a LW barrel from one of at least 4-5 makers and you end up with a rifle easy to handle even by kids under 10 yo.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I have a Blackhawk KNOXX Axiom R/F Stock you can have; I don't need it.

Attachments

• BHP_K98201-C.jpg
      BHP_K98201-C.jpg
      9.1 KB · Views: 107

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads