• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    One of my favorite fixed blade knives....a Citadel Aikuchi Tanto. This one has tasted blood- my own- when it was used by a mountain biking buddy to open up my forearm trail-side to allow him to then use Leatherman pliers to grip the end of a tree branch that had impaled my arm at speed and broken off leaving too little to grip above my skin's surface.

Attachments

• aikuchi1.jpg
      aikuchi1.jpg
      32.5 KB · Views: 922
    • aikuchi3.jpg
      aikuchi3.jpg
      22 KB · Views: 985

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    One of my favorite fixed blade knives....a Citadel Aikuchi Tanto. This one has tasted blood- my own- when it was used by a mountain biking buddy to open up my forearm trail-side to allow him to then use Leatherman pliers to grip the end of a tree branch that had impaled my arm at speed and broken off leaving too little to grip above my skin's surface.

That's a beauty.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    I just ordered a pancake sheath for my Cold Steel XL Espada. A guy in Poland makes them.

I've tried carrying my Espada in my front packet but it is uncomfortable at times. This sheath should make carrying it more comfortable.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Leather-pa...637933?hash=item3fb66e8cad:g:iT8AAOSwW6BaLpkF

Capture.jpg

This looks interesting.
    Does it deploy by catching as you pull it out? Like when you would pull out of pocket, the blade catch, would catch on edge of pocket and deploy?

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    I'm a sucker for an active hamon so here are pics of the middle portions of my two favorite personal katana, each costing what a Barrett M82A1 sells for. For artistic reasons, I am much more easily able to justify to myself such spending for a 100% completely handmade sword than I can for any manufactured product other than an automobile.

Attachments

• ADC1050c.jpg
      ADC1050c.jpg
      40.9 KB · Views: 485
    • RBdaito5.jpg
      RBdaito5.jpg
      47.1 KB · Views: 479

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    This looks interesting.
    Does it deploy by catching as you pull it out? Like when you would pull out of pocket, the blade catch, would catch on edge of pocket and deploy?

I do not know. I'll see once I get it in my hot little hands though. Should be receiving it by mid October...

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Received the sheath for my Espada that was made and shipped from Poland. Very happy with it. Very quality leatherwork. The knife does not deploy and flick open from the sheath, as it would from the front pocket however. I'm fine with that.

The only comfortable way to position it on the belt is to skip a side loop in the jeans waistline. It's just huge. Like carrying a gun and holster:

IMG-0346.jpg

Btw... the belt is from bullhidebelts.com It has the steel insert so it doesn't sag on itself.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Received the sheath for my Espada that was made and shipped from Poland. Very happy with it. Very quality leatherwork. The knife does not deploy and flick open from the sheath, as it would from the front pocket however. I'm fine with that.

The only comfortable way to position it on the belt is to skip a side loop in the jeans waistline. It's just huge. Like carrying a gun and holster:

IMG-0346.jpg

Btw... the belt is from bullhidebelts.com It has the steel insert so it doesn't sag on itself.

That’s just silly. Kinda want.

justiw

Jan 26, 2012
    Soon to be my brother's knives. All handmade by me for his 40th. 6 steak knives and 1 paring knife, aeb-l steel with paduak handles.

c2q3Gsc.jpg

ruRRozj.jpg

justiw

Jan 26, 2012
    It has been a project, but I did it a few hours at a time. These are stock removal and I ordered the blade blanks cut to my specs, so sizing isn't a problem. Grinding, sanding, sanding, and more sanding, followed by sanding the handles is the time consuming part. Plus paduak makes orange sawdust that makes my shed looks like I set off a cheeto bomb...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom