• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    For Distill, if you want to get notifications pushed to your phone, do you need to get a paid subscription?

I was on the website and wasn't sure.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    For Distill, if you want to get notifications pushed to your phone, do you need to get a paid subscription?

Did that. I'm just not clear on how it works. Guess I'll have to wait and see...

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown

Yes, I found it not worth it. Too many false in stock notifications from the free one to justify paying for it. The other problem with distill is if you have it check too often you can get IP banned from stores for a week or more.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Yes, I found it not worth it. Too many false in stock notifications from the free one to justify paying for it. The other problem with distill is if you have it check too often you can get IP banned from stores for a week or more.

Thanks for the IP ban. It sounds like it's not worth the hassle.

Was the free one Discord? I'm trying to figure out whatever is easiest, I don't care if I have to pay a little bit per month if it's worth it.

I want the easiest so I can help a couple of my friends who are retired, but not tech savvy, to install it on their devices and we will split purchase costs.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Question on distill. When setting up a page, do you have to set up separate pages for each item in your search or is it possible to save multiple items on one search page?

most sites let you put together a wish list. click on distill and "select parts of page" then click on each item on your wish list where it says 'out of stock.'

if they don't have a wishlist and have separate pages for let's say primers and then powder, you'll have to set up a distill for each.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I just added reloading to my discord. Let's see if it produces anything. If I can find primers, I'll post here for what I paid for them.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Thanks for the IP ban. It sounds like it's not worth the hassle.

Was the free one Discord? I'm trying to figure out whatever is easiest, I don't care if I have to pay a little bit per month if it's worth it.

I want the easiest so I can help a couple of my friends who are retired, but not tech savvy, to install it on their devices and we will split purchase costs.

Discord is free and the notifications are 90% of the time actual in stock items whereas Distill will send a notification that the page changed if it is not in stock. I tried targeting just the in stock status on pages and it would still tell me it changed because another part changed.

Discord? Like the app?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, but more specifically the reloading server. https://discord.gg/reloading

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    OK, figuring out Discord

I registered.

I joined the EXTRA EXTRA Pew Pew forum.

I read the rules.

I verified my email with Discord.

Now what?

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    OK, figuring out Discord

I registered.

I joined the EXTRA EXTRA Pew Pew forum.

I read the rules.

I verified my email with Discord.

Now what?

So you joined the reloading server at https://discord.gg/reloading?

Go to the #notification-selection channel (left sidebar on a computer, under the three lined menu at the top left on mobile), react to the message. If you want small rifle primer notifications, click the "D" button under the message. Repeat with any other notifications you want. Notifications come from the #in-stock-notifications channel, the #in-stock-discussion channel is where people spend a lot of their time talking about the deals, only links to deals can be posted in the notifications channel.

There are other channels you can interact with for things like case modifications, hunting reloading, different press manufacturers, as well as specific cartridge channels.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 7.30.07 PM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 7.30.07 PM.jpg
      37.8 KB · Views: 370

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    So you joined the reloading server at https://discord.gg/reloading?

Go to the #notification-selection channel (left sidebar on a computer, under the three lined menu at the top left on mobile), react to the message. If you want small rifle primer notifications, click the "D" button under the message. Repeat with any other notifications you want. Notifications come from the #in-stock-notifications channel, the #in-stock-discussion channel is where people spend a lot of their time talking about the deals, only links to deals can be posted in the notifications channel.

There are other channels you can interact with for things like case modifications, hunting reloading, different press manufacturers, as well as specific cartridge channels.

THANKS.

I did not see the Reloading section when I searched.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    I’m on discord and am getting notifications for all the categories whereas I just want to be notified for shotgun primers. How can I fix this?

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Go to notification settings and choose "Only @mentions", that should do it. It's how I have mine set up and I don't get notifications for anything that I'm not subscribed to.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 11.46.30 AM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 11.46.30 AM.jpg
      38.5 KB · Views: 233
    • Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 11.46.47 AM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 11.46.47 AM.jpg
      48.8 KB · Views: 232

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Also scroll down on the page after "Only @mentions" and make sure your "#in-stock-notifications" overrides are set to only Mentions.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 11.50.24 AM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 11.50.24 AM.jpg
      8.1 KB · Views: 237

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads