• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DdotC

Jul 18, 2020
    Some HQL classes in MD offer an Arizona CCW certificate as a part of the course which grants the CCW for about 30-35 states (except MD of course)....any one familiar with the wait and turnaround time for that process? How were you contacted/notified?

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    everything was done by mail. iirc about 30 days. but that was before the rona. if you go to Arizonas site, they'll have all the information there.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I don't know the answer to the OP's question but my wife and I own a home in AZ and were told all we have to do is show we own property and we can get an AZ ID which gives us the right to buy firearms cash and carry. While it may be OK with AZ I certainly don't see MD being OK with me buying handguns there and bringing them back here...which is my state of residence...for the next two years anyway.

I will have to see if that AZ ID gives me the ability to get a CCW permit there...even though it's really not necessary as I understand concealed and open carry is legal there without permits. My bro-in-law and his wife have carry permits there...maybe it's a lesser liability issue...just don't know. I also understand there are limits there carrying on an Indian Reservation.

Taurus85

Jun 25, 2011
    Rosedale, MD
    I OBTAIN MY CCW FRM AZ IN 2013, GOT A RENEWAL IN 2018 -- GO ON LINE TO THE ARIZONIA DEPARTMENT OFR PUBLIC SAFTEY. THER ADDRESS IS P.O. BOX 6638 PHOENIX, AZ 85005-6638. THEY WILL SEND YOU AN INFO PACKAGE. MY FIRST CCW IN MAILED 7/2/13 RECEUVE OERNUT IB 08/05/13. MY RENEWAL WAS 08-02-18 GOOD UNTIL 2023.. GOOD LUCK

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I don't know the answer to the OP's question but my wife and I own a home in AZ and were told all we have to do is show we own property and we can get an AZ ID which gives us the right to buy firearms cash and carry. While it may be OK with AZ I certainly don't see MD being OK with me buying handguns there and bringing them back here...which is my state of residence...for the next two years anyway.

I will have to see if that AZ ID gives me the ability to get a CCW permit there...even though it's really not necessary as I understand concealed and open carry is legal there without permits. My bro-in-law and his wife have carry permits there...maybe it's a lesser liability issue...just don't know. I also understand there are limits there carrying on an Indian Reservation.

The only reason for residents of Constitutional Carry states (like AZ) to obtain permits is for the reciprocity when they travel to other states.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Doesnt apply in MD since it doesnt recognize out of state ccw. Typically the resident state ccw allows you to bypass the nics check in the state you live in

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA
    Does Arizona require a specific training course? Going over their packet I received, it seams any trading will suffice. I’m was going to send a copy of my Utah certificate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gremlin42

Apr 16, 2020
    variable
    The only reason for residents of Constitutional Carry states (like AZ) to obtain permits is for the reciprocity when they travel to other states.

I’m considering taking the Utah class at Gilbert for this reason - is there a good reason to pursue AZ or another state over UT? My understanding is UT has the greatest number of reciprocating states.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I’m considering taking the Utah class at Gilbert for this reason - is there a good reason to pursue AZ or another state over UT? My understanding is UT has the greatest number of reciprocating states.

Its been a while, unless its changed but UT you had to take a class. Where as AZ you can use hunters Ed, dd214,old ccw license etc..to by pass. Depends on what states you are ttavelling through. Thats just my thoughts

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom