• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    These bills died when the abbreviated Sine Die came about. Watch for them to come up in the next session, again, where we can debate what will happen after we see the changes they make to the proposed bill text based on what they learn from us debating here.

crazycarl7

Feb 21, 2009
    These bills died when the abbreviated Sine Die came about. Watch for them to come up in the next session, again, where we can debate what will happen after we see the changes they make to the proposed bill text based on what they learn from us debating here.

next session, as in next year?

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    This brings up a good point. Now that they've seen our hand, they will prepare new lies for next year, so we should be ready for them too. Knowing the crap they pulled this year, we have an idea of the arguments we need to prepare against, and we need to get more people to show up against the bills and protest outside.

I had no idea how bad it was in Annapolis until I sought out sites like this one and had a reality check. If I'd known growing up I would've come down in the O'Malley days when I was starting College. It doesn't hit you until you're deeply invested in your collection and your life here in MD.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    The politics this coming summer and fall are going to be super ugly. I expect them to the be ugliest in my 56 years of drawing breath. I expect nothing different from our MGA legislators.

We were at a bit of a disadvantage this year's session, because the MGA was putting in a new website. Then, as soon as they got the data in and went live, we're like, OMG, look at all of these pre-filed bills!?! That will hopefully not happen again this coming regular legislative session. I'll start looking for infringements to be pre-filed in Oct/Nov.

Ovid

Nov 19, 2011
    Reisterstown
    Or we could do the unthinkable and actually go about our building and ignore their infringement....oh right...we would never want to potentially lose our law abiding status..

It's quite annoying to not be able to purchase locally or online. A ban clearly wouldn't prevent anything, just makes it more expensive and irritating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom