• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I don’t know about a prosecutor landing on mods, but in a civil liability case following a shooting, i can see a plaintiff’s attorney asking what armourer school the def attended to qualify him to make the non sighting mods, such as a lighter trigger. And a plaintiff’s expert discussing orig trigger weight, and why the manuf selected that weight and the result of a new trigger, or springs. I would go there.

i mean, is it a good shoot or is it not? i guess one thing if you have the punisher symbol all over your handgun and kkk or whatever engraved. the only intent in any other mods is to make one shoot more accurately.

please, you guys that are throwing the 'no mods' crap out there, list all the cases where it was a good shoot but the guy got convicted or lost a million dollar suit because he lightened his trigger, added a grip sleeve, shot reloads, etc.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    When it comes to using your own handloads for defense rounds, it will still come down to a good shoot is a good shoot. The problem can potentially be that if there might be a question in the shoot and you get charged a prosecutor could make a case that factory rounds weren't effective enough for you...that you had to brew up something more deadly yourself. While that sounds unlikely I believe it's more of a liability danger to you in a civil action where the family of the person you put down (no matter how justifiably) sues you and their attorney makes the same claims. It would be up to your attorney to rebut the accusations but essentially the argument is why make that potential even possible by using handloads.

The argument is much the same for mods to the firearm as well. The accuser can make the accusation and your attorney has to rebut it. As long as the mods enhance the gun's safety, reliability and functionality you should be fine but the others side can always make accusations...it's their job to do so in defending their side. It's part of the legal game.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Love, love, love the 365XL, has been my EDC since purchase. Have also shot about half a dozen Steel Challenge matches with it, always finishing in the top third or better in Production division.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    i mean, is it a good shoot or is it not? i guess one thing if you have the punisher symbol all over your handgun and kkk or whatever engraved. the only intent in any other mods is to make one shoot more accurately.

please, you guys that are throwing the 'no mods' crap out there, list all the cases where it was a good shoot but the guy got convicted or lost a million dollar suit because he lightened his trigger, added a grip sleeve, shot reloads, etc.
    You do the research. I mentioned civil, not criminal. The gun involved will be seized, examined by the police expert and later by the plaintiff’s expert. Mods to a std gun will be noted and pointed out to a jury. There will be questions as to why the mods were made, who made them and the qualifications of the modifier. A lightened trigger may turn a non reasonable shoot into a homicide and a civil suit...say someone is crippled. “ my gun just went off. I was pointing it and my gun just went off”. But, to each his own.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    You do the research. I mentioned civil, not criminal. The gun involved will be seized, examined by the police expert and later by the plaintiff’s expert. Mods to a std gun will be noted and pointed out to a jury. There will be questions as to why the mods were made, who made them and the qualifications of the modifier. A lightened trigger may turn a non reasonable shoot into a homicide and a civil suit...say someone is crippled. “ my gun just went off. I was pointing it and my gun just went off”. But, to each his own.

Huh? Whatever a "non reasonable" shoot is, I am assuming an accidental shoot where someone died, is THE SAME THING AS HOMICIDE.
    The killing of a human.
    You make no sense at all.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I don’t know about a prosecutor landing on mods, but in a civil liability case following a shooting, i can see a plaintiff’s attorney asking what armourer school the def attended to qualify him to make the non sighting mods, such as a lighter trigger. And a plaintiff’s expert discussing orig trigger weight, and why the manuf selected that weight and the result of a new trigger, or springs. I would go there.

And yet not one person on this forum has EVER presented a case (personal knowledge of, news article, etc.) where this has happened. Not one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PJS

Heavy
    Feb 4, 2014
    Baltimore
    I carry a Glock 23 and Glock 27, usually 4-5 o'clock, very rarely run the 27 in an ankle holster (usually when I'm someplace with a jacket and tucked in shirt, but might want to take the jacket off). I carry the 23 more often. I can conceal it just fine in shorts/t-shirt. I do prefer the smaller 27 in some instances, depending on my dress and what I'm doing.

People overemphasize the concern with printing (not that long ago, a class instructor said printing is "brandishing", which isn't even a thing in MD, especially since a MD permit to carry is open or concealed). Just today I was in the grocery store with my 23, in shorts and a t-shirt, next to a police officer. People just don't notice.

Personally, I don't think the 27 is that much more comfortable to carry than the 23. And I don't think the 23 is particularly uncomfortable.

I can see the appeal of a thinner lighter gun. Maybe someday.

shadow116

2nd Class Citizen
    Feb 28, 2008
    Emmitsburg
    What scenario are you carrying 17 mags when ccw-ing a 19?

Why not carry the bigger mag as your spare?

I carry my 92 Compact with a 15rd in it, and my spare mag is an 92 full size 18 round.

Or when I carry my P365 with the 10 round mag in it, with the 15 round mag as the spare.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Why not carry the bigger mag as your spare?

I carry my 92 Compact with a 15rd in it, and my spare mag is an 92 full size 18 round.

Or when I carry my P365 with the 10 round mag in it, with the 15 round mag as the spare.
    You obviously don't carry this combo everyday.

DontTreadOnMe

Dec 10, 2016
    Is Blaster229 having a bad day? Anyone else you want to sh1t on?

The forum was better when you were gone.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    I don't. 15 round mag for ccw. I could have a backup 17 rounder, or like I use it, when I have it in a holster around the house. Heck, you can even use the 33 rounder if you are bored.

What scenario are you carrying 17 mags when ccw-ing a 19?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I don't. 15 round mag for ccw. I could have a backup 17 rounder, or like I use it, when I have it in a holster around the house. Heck, you can even use the 33 rounder if you are bored.
    While rocking the Sennheisers getting your house clearing on

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom