• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    Anybody else been hunting been a tough year so far I told him we put out 1700 decoys and got 12
    We did have a few flocks of swans land in the decoys

Attachments

• 0225211146_HDR.jpg
      0225211146_HDR.jpg
      215.4 KB · Views: 451
    • 0225210745d.jpg
      0225210745d.jpg
      58.8 KB · Views: 441

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I have not done snows, but Canada's and specks I have. Curing heavily changes goose for the better!! I save whole breast weight each one it its own cheap 1 gallon bag. 1 tbsp tender quick and 1 tbsp brown sugar per pound. If lighter just vary the Tbsp of each accordingly. Tie bag and cure 10 days fliping every day. You'll feel them firm up loosing moisture curing. After ten days removed from bag, wash and put on pan. sprinkler onion and garlic powder to taste and I about flour them in table grind black pepper. A lot falls off when slicing, plus its only on the edges sliced.

I start low on the smoke and work up over hours. Smoke at 175 after 4 hours or so and could run it 7 - 8 hours. Depends on how juicy you want it and I am making a "dried beef" clone. The entire story below with pictures.

Most people I know are just Iffy on goose, if they even like it. Some of the Mennonites where we hunt won't even take geese because they couldn't stand it. People love this!!

https://archeryrob.wordpress.com/2018/07/07/goose-pastrami/
    goose-pastrami_4-large.jpg

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I have not done snows, but Canada's and specks I have. Curing heavily changes goose for the better!! I save whole breast weight each one it its own cheap 1 gallon bag. 1 tbsp tender quick and 1 tbsp brown sugar per pound. If lighter just vary the Tbsp of each accordingly. Tie bag and cure 10 days fliping every day. You'll feel them firm up loosing moisture curing. After ten days removed from bag, wash and put on pan. sprinkler onion and garlic powder to taste and I about flour them in table grind black pepper. A lot falls off when slicing, plus its only on the edges sliced.

I start low on the smoke and work up over hours. Smoke at 175 after 4 hours or so and could run it 7 - 8 hours. Depends on how juicy you want it and I am making a "dried beef" clone. The entire story below with pictures.

Most people I know are just Iffy on goose, if they even like it. Some of the Mennonites where we hunt won't even take geese because they couldn't stand it. People love this!!

https://archeryrob.wordpress.com/2018/07/07/goose-pastrami/
    goose-pastrami_4-large.jpg

Similar sounding to the way we make goose pastrami. Love it that way. Gonna give yours a shot next time I thaw some goose from the freezer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom