• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    This goes hand-in-hand with Jim's thread, https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=220945.

At a minimum, please consider increasing the post count to access the Water Cooler. With a small flood of newer members so "eager" to eliminate natural rights, it might be time to raise the post count to 500 or maybe 1K. Maybe have a second step where members who satisfy the post count have to publicly request and be granted WC access. As many of us have seen lately, post count alone isn't enough for a few multi-year members acting like sleeper agents. Interesting times for sure.

Michael S

Nov 6, 2012
    Towson
    I have been a member for a while. Granted I do not post much. I do enjoy ready all the information I can and have learned a lot from this forum. I will suggest that if we change the rules because we do not like some people ideas we are doing the same thing they are and limiting free speech. That I do not agree with in the same way I do not agree with other people attempting to do it to our members.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    First, this forum is private property. Second, I made the suggestions due to certain people joining the forum for the express purpose of undermining the reason why this forum exists. We should all be free to disagree and argue here. But I think a line should be drawn for people who are fundamentally opposed to the continued existence of our God-given rights. If that line is simply blocking access to one subforum, it's far from harsh.

RwWilly

Jan 1, 2013
    Harford, Kingsville
    If a new member can undermine your way of thinking with a few posts that differ from your norm, maybe time to rethink your mindset? If you want to sit in an echo chamber, fine. I skim over the stupid posts and comment on the ones I think I can add to or are fun. A better idea is to take their discussion and try to convert them.
    Enjoy the forum for what it is.

Michael S

Nov 6, 2012
    Towson
    I do get you points, You make great arguments one of the reasons I follow this forum. I also agree we must do everything we can to bring more people to our way of thinking. Was not trying to speak out of term. The one thing I have found that I do is listen to the other sides arguments to better counter with my own. You are correct on one thing for sure, there are many people out there that we will never change there minds. There are also many that will do everything they can do to stop any discussion except for there own Ideals. My only point was I do not want to be like them.

WIMN

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 10, 2016
    Sorry guys, think this is probably my fault. I made him uncomfortable in his safe space.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Sorry guys, think this is probably my fault. I made him uncomfortable in his safe space.

You just got a warning. There will not be any others.

You're basically confirming what people are suspecting already; you get that right?

WIMN

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 10, 2016
    You just got a warning. There will not be any others.

You're basically confirming what people are suspecting already; you get that right?

Pfhaha.

Alright my friend. Tell ya what. Given that I'm clearly to "blame" here, I'll just delete my account so you don't have to mess things up for everyone else. I'm still below 50 posts.

Sorry to have thrown off the harmonics in your echo chamber.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005

Attachments

• as-you-wish.jpg
      as-you-wish.jpg
      11.5 KB · Views: 972

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    If a new member can undermine your way of thinking with a few posts that differ from your norm, maybe time to rethink your mindset? If you want to sit in an echo chamber, fine. I skim over the stupid posts and comment on the ones I think I can add to or are fun. A better idea is to take their discussion and try to convert them.
    Enjoy the forum for what it is.

This, enough said...:rolleyes:

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Age nor Post counts don’t always show wisdom, contributing to why Maryland Shooters is here in the first place should be a factor as to the membership and access requirements. I been on a number of other Forums that support Lawful/Responsible Firearm ownership and support for the 2nd amendment rights. There are many that look like they are supported by Left Wing Control Freak A$$holes, membership and activity on those boards is lacking for a reason, I notice this forum does not have either of those issues.

Most Firearm/2A boards have similar or common directions and objectives but they all have different limits to what members are allowed to do but each has its standards for access and membership. The MDS moderators do a great job riding herd over the membership and remove/restrict access whose who can’t abide by the rules. There are other forums for those who do not like the politics or rules that make up MDS, as it been said many time “Play Nice or Leave”.

Why change what works, just post you comments (grease the works) and Carry On :cool:

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    maybe a second w/c that requires more or different credentials for access IDK. I do believe the old timers have a lot more knowledge been their done that experience.I also think us new guys may have something to offer.How about a pay for view type second w/c that will do two things keep the lights on and hopefully keep the sensitive stuff kept for approved key boards only my 2 cents

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Norton and the other mods have been playing online 'whack-a-mole' for the better part of a decade. They're doing just fine.

Just part of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom